Cultivated Reef

For those that use Wal-Mart RO water

totalimmortal363

totalimmortal363

On the label, who does it say it's bottled by?? Living just outside of Denver, the stuff here is bottled by Deep Rock which is headquartered here in Denver. For others around the country, where does it say yours is from??

Now, according to the Deep Rock website, Drinking Water(RO) has a TDS of 5. Calcium reads 0.05 mg/L, Sodium 1.5 mg/L, and Flouride coming in a 0.01 mg/L.. Now, their Distilled water has the same TDS of 5, but all minerals and chemicals come up undetectable. Now, I understand that EVERY batch isn't the same but if those baselines are accurate doesn't the Distilled seem like the better choice?

glennr1978

From what I understand distilled isn't good to use because it is to pure. Save yourself alot of headaches (and potential backaches too!) and buy yourself an RO/DI unit. All of those 1g jugs will eventually drive you nuts.

marinekeeper

I use the purple cap water from wal-mart. This is the distilled and I have had zero problems.

glennr1978
I use the purple cap water from wal-mart. This is the distilled and I have had zero problems.

your tank is to new to have the problems that I've read about.

masterbuilder

Been using Wal-Mart distilled for over two years in my nano, no problems. For the too pure....well....after adding my salt mix to it...its not so pure anymore. :happy: Unless you have a RO/DI unit, the most recommended water here is distilled.

totalimmortal363
From what I understand distilled isn't good to use because it is to pure. Save yourself alot of headaches (and potential backaches too!) and buy yourself an RO/DI unit. All of those 1g jugs will eventually drive you nuts.

See, I've heard that too. But it just doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. Especially after reading MasterBuilder's comment.

Been using Wal-Mart distilled for over two years in my nano, no problems. For the too pure....well....after adding my salt mix to it...its not so pure anymore. :happy: Unless you have a RO/DI unit, the most recommended water here is distilled.

Thats how it would occur to me. I would figure the "lowest" you could start in terms of minerals and such the better. As it stands I just buy a gallon here and there with the spare change in my pocket. I have two bottles sitting around that are marked for more precise water changes.

Deep Rock Drinking Water Analysis

mg/L*

Calcium Ca........................................................................... 0.06

Chlorine Cl2..........................................................................ND*

Fluoride F..............................................................................0

Lead Pb..............................................................................

..ND**

Sodium Na............................................................................1.

Total Dissolved Solids...........................................................5.0

Radionuclides...................................................................

.....below limits of detection

*Milligrams per liter **ND indicates NOT DETECTED

Deep Rock Distilled Water Analysis

mg/L*

Calcium Ca...........................................................................ND*

Chlorine Cl2..........................................................................ND*

Fluoride F.............................................................................ND

Lead Pb..............................................................................

..ND**

Sodium Na............................................................................ND

Total Dissolved Solids...........................................................0.5

Radionuclides...................................................................

.....below limits of detection

*Milligrams per liter **ND indicates NOT DETECTED*Milligrams per liter **ND indicates NOT DETECTED

Now, those of you in other parts of the country. Is your Wal-Mart water bottled by Deep Rock in Denver, CO??

I am in Florida.

My Wallyworld distilled is Bottled by Silver Springs Bottled Water Co, Silver Springs FL - Source Deep Well, Ocala, Florida.

totalimmortal363

As I suspected, they use a local bottler for their water. The compny has a website, I'm sure they could provide you some baseline readings of their Distilled water.

DESERTHEATRACING
As I suspected, they use a local bottler for their water. The compny has a website, I'm sure they could provide you some baseline readings of their Distilled water.

Checking in on one year useing walmart purple cap distilled water, 0 issues. Very good water! Mine says bottled in Ca " I am in az" by Niagara water.

Archived