Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

July 2008 - TheCuban1040

Christopher Marks

I have the same tank and set it up at the same time that you did (pretty much). I have just set your photo as my screen saver to keep me motivated. Your tank is beautiful and exactly the nano dream! I haven't been able to move as quickly 1: b/c of money but 2: I have had some real water issues. I am really going to take your advise and try to simplify. I have all of the gadgets and still cant seem to get my water straight.

Your tank is awesome and I am going to follow your posts! Thanks for all the great info and for sharing your progress!

AdriftQuasar

Seeing the TOTM's each month really motivates me to spend more time and money on mine, this month's is not exception.

Congratulations!

Good choice for the TOTM. I remember drooling over it a few months back. Seems that people who do weekly 10-20% water changes end up with real nice looking tanks.

TheCuban1040

Jeez Megan, I made it to your screensaver? This is the closest I will ever come to being a rock star.

K - I wonder if the people who do weekly water changes are just the ones that obsess over their tanks the most and are willing to spend at least one day a week making sure everything is working perfectly. There have been a couple times where I get busy, or I'm out of town for a few days and I don't do the WC for 2 weeks and I end up slacking on scraping the glass and basting the rocks and the decline of the general health and appearance of the tank is definitely noticeable. ...Interesting theory

SeeDemTails
Seems that people who do weekly 10-20% water changes end up with real nice looking tanks.

Someone should etch that in stone.

CorvetteJoe
Seems that people who do weekly 10-20% water changes end up with real nice looking tanks.

WORDS TO LIVE BY!!!

Keep those water changes up, and you will NEVER have to clean or worry about water levels.

I never clean ANY of my tanks or bother checking water levels. I spot check them once in a while and they are always at 0 for the bad stuff.

Those water changes are THE KEY to a healthy aquarium of ANY kind.

I think I spend less than 15 mins a week on maintenance for all 3 tanks because of the weekly religious water changes.

TheCuban1040

Thanks again all.

I have been trying to figure out what else to add to the tank but it's very close to being totally full. The final touch that I want to put on it is a nice piece of Sunset Montipora. If anyone has a good source for some please PM me! :D

• 3 weeks later...
TheCuban1040

It has been an awesome privilege to hold down the home page for the past month. Thanks to everyone for all their nice comments. I can't wait to see who's next!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
crustytheclown

I am truley inspired by your tank! I have a few questions. do you still use the bioballs in your system? and do you have a refugium?

I am truley inspired by your tank! I have a few questions. do you still use the bioballs in your system? and do you have a refugium?

Hey thanks Crusty! I never used the bioballs and I don't have a fuge. I just have some pillow stuffing on the intake and that's about it. All my filtration is done with live rock

Archived