ReefCleaners.org

Big Frag Tub Plan

kgehrke

• 3 months later...

Here are some growth pics. Some stuff had a tough time switching tanks. About 2 months ago I got my parameters all in line and stuff has just gone crazy.

Birdsnest and Hydnophora Before: The chips acro on the right didn't move well, but I still have a little bit that I'm hoping will pull through.

CIMG3180.jpg

Birdsnest after:

CIMG3510.jpg

ORA Green Birdsnest Before:

CIMG3163.jpg

ORA Green Birdsnest After:

CIMG3484.jpg

One of my Favorites, a tabling acro:

CIMG3504.jpg

Small Chalice Collection

CIMG3520.jpg

Random Frags:

CIMG3466.jpg

Green Slimer

CIMG3493.jpg

Brains, Both used to be one, but I fragged one for a friend.

I am actually holding a bunch of his other stuff too. Some of the random frags are probably his too.

CIMG3490.jpg

Some Acans of mine.

CIMG3512.jpg

Thanks, I haven't used photoshop on any of the ones I just posted. Just took most of them tonight.

Some things to note about the frag tank:

I switched to seachem salt and love it. Reef Crystals calcium alkalinity and mag were all too low.

I dose with bulk reef supply 3 part kit. Its nice, and decently priced.

I have massive amounts of evaporation. 2 gallons a day, sometimes way more.

The skimmer is temporary until I can get an MSX 200. This one just fell into my lap.

• 2 weeks later...

Rearranged the whole tub tonight. Took a while. Put everything on an elevated frag rack so I can run a true bare bottom. I also have a school of chromis in QT.

CIMG3570.jpg

CIMG3569.jpg

I'm going to rearrange the sump soon too. The skimmer is going to get its own box and the rest is going to be filled with live rock, cheato, and flow. I'm also going to move the pump.

CIMG3573.jpg

CIMG3560.jpg

Oh, anybody notice the skimmer. I got it for a song. It's an ATI Bubble Master 200! It's AWESOME.

Here's some pics for proof.

CIMG3523.jpg

CIMG3578.jpg

It pulled this out in half an hour...

CIMG3579.jpg

he looks great! I am close to you too! Do you sell frags of just grow them out for yourself? I am getting ready to begin 2 frag tanks myself! Very cool and unique frag setup!

I sell occasionally. Lately I've been mostly growing stuff for myself. I am contemplating getting out of the softy game and focusing on LPS and SPS. I never thought I would like SPS so much, but it grows on you fast.

I have a lot of frags now that I'm trying to grow into colonies. Including 6 chalices, 5 acros, and some nice ORA cap.

I'd love to get some more random flow, but I'm not sure about how I want to go about it yet. It should be interesting, I have some weird ideas that will work I think.

It's all about the challenge.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived