inTank Media Baskets

What do you think...

RigPie

I ran into a pretty good deal on lights 79.99 2x 55W pcs or 99.99 2x 65W pcs, so I will be doing one or the other. Now for filtration I am thinking either the pengiun 170 or 330, w/ a powerhead of I don't know what size yet, 30-40lbs of lr, 2" of live sand, and a protein skimmer If I can find a HOB that will be hidden behind my DIY canopy so if you know of a compact hob protein skimmer I would love to know about it. Please critique me now:) thanks.

Jon

I have a secret. The 65 watt and 55 watt bulbs are the same thing. The difference is just in the ballast, and even then, its hard to tell what you have. I think all bulbs that length are 55 watt, and sometimes they're overdriven by a 65 watt ballast. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So in terms of bulb life, you'd probably be better off with the 2x55 watt setup.

30 lbs of sand isn't going to fit in a 2.5 gallon! Oh, by the way... what size tank are you doing?

I'd say ixnay on the ilterfay. They're good for removing sand dust and adding carbon and stuff, but I don't think you need them for biological filtration. Liverock and livesand should do it. Spend the money on an extra powerhead. Flow is always good.

Archived