Coral Vue Hydros

Koralia question

thegrandpoohbah

thegrandpoohbah

I am planning to get a Koralia Nano to supplement the MJ1200 for my upcoming NC24. I was thinking that instead of having it sticking to the side glass like I see everyone else doing, what about mounting it against the back acrylic wall? Can the magnet that usually holds it on the outside of the tank be safely placed into the tank in one of the back chambers? I figure this way it would be easier to hide and the display area would have a cleaner look.

suggestion: get at least a koralia 1 for that tank.. youll be glad you did.. just my opinion though.

yes it will hold perfectly through the back wall..

thegrandpoohbah

A Koralia 1 would give me a total flow rate of 695 GPH or almost 30X my tank volume per hour. Isn't that a bit much?

you have to look at it completely different than other pumps. It is not direct what so ever. It provides a nice 360* even flow all around the tank. The #1 should be a nice extra pump for the tank, I have a #2 as an extra pump in my RSM which has two other filtration pumps, the corals really like the random flow.

i had a Rio6hf with 2 Koralia 1's in my 29.. and i wish i would have use Koralia 2's

with the Koralias dont be fooled by the GPH.. the way the Koralia is designed the flow is VERY diffused and spread out,, so its not going to be giving you a hurrincane like your thinking... it will give a nice gentle dispersed flow..

but its all what you want , i was giving you what i learned in my experiences.

i still think a K1 would be suited perfect for your tank..

The nano doesn't let you adjust the direction like the others, pretty much it only goes straight out and with the #1 you can point anywhere.

I have 60x turnover and everything loves it.

The nano doesn't let you adjust the direction like the others, pretty much it only goes straight out and with the #1 you can point anywhere.

I have 60x turnover and everything loves it.

I use a nano and I can point it anywhere.

The koralia can attach as a magnet or as a suction cup, so even if the magnet does not work, the suction cup will (if surface is smooth).

glennr1978

I think even the K1 is kinda weak, don't let the numbers fool you. I would recommend a K2 or a couple of K1's for that tank.

FWIW, my 30g cube has 2 K1's and a mag9.5 on a closed loop for flow. I'm really not sure it's going to cut it (tank is still cycling). Granted, the tank will be SPS dominant. If I were going with softies/LPS it would be plenty.

We have a K2 in our 34 gallon RSM. It's not too much there and I doubt it would be too much in a 24. Our 10 gallon has a nano and it is certainly not too much there but would probably be insufficient in anything much bigger.

I'd go with the K2 myself.

-hank

Archived