Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need information to start Nano

Siejuban

After reading this forum for sometimes, finally I will start to make my own. I am planning to get 5 gal Minibow, may be 7g one. I want to know that if I just put 10lb of LS first before I put in LR later, is it ok? And how long should I wait before I put in LR? And how should I know the cycle period is over? Just need check the ammonia and nitrite level to be low or zero? And what cleaning crew I should put? what and how many of them?

For the LS, I sm planning to buy the 20lb bag from LFS, any other suggestion or website is reliable that I can purchase LS or LR?

I am planning to add:

1. CSL 2-32W hood

2. a mini HOB filter at the back

3. a mini powerhead.

After reading this forum for sometimes, finally I will start to make my own.

Apparently you haven't been reading enough. Money, time and look what it has turned the rest of us into!

I am planning to get 5 gal Minibow, may be 7g one. I want to know that if I just put 10lb of LS first before I put in LR later, is it ok?

Go with a 7g, or better yet a classic 10g and go smaller once you get your stuff dialed in. LS is okay to go in first. Keep in mind once you add the LR depending upon how much and what stage it is in you may have another cycle.

And how long should I wait before I put in LR?

Drop it in right from the git-go!

And how should I know the cycle period is over? Just need check the ammonia and nitrite level to be low or zero?

Test your water parameters. Ammonia will spike and begin to drop. Nitrite will go up then drop. Head to the article section and read up.

And what cleaning crew I should put? what and how many of them?

Head to www.JustPhish.com and check out there cleanup package. They're a sponsor here and they have done fine by me in the past.

For the LS, I sm planning to buy the 20lb bag from LFS, any other suggestion or website is reliable that I can purchase LS or LR?

20lbs is a lot for a 5 or 7g. Most any sponsor here is a good one to buy from. Check the vendor feedback forum.

;)

I check the site www.JustPhish.com , it is a good source for me, but my concern is, I am not sure how to choose the right crews for the package, the standard package crew there may be too many for my 5 or 7 gal tank. Any suggestion what should I pick for the small 5 or 7 gal tank?

Drop JP an email, he'll assist you. Don't order anything, put down the catalogs, walk away from your tank and read all of the articles C-Diddy has graciously placed here.

Wait for the tank to cycle? Of course. I maintained my clean up crew in the tank on my toilet while the cycle was completing. Just remember to take out the Tidy Bowl blue thing. ;)

Archived