SaltCritters.com

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dahliaheartsyou
You gotta remember, shes a vegan who buys wild animals for a tank in her room :)

all i have are aquacultured frags.

i don't eat the inhabitants of my tank.

way to TRY and make me look bad.

i bet i will live a hell of a lot longer than you, not eating all the sh$t food.

no, no pipes or sh, they require a chiller :(

dahliaheartsyou
Im not trying to make you look bad, but "Reef keeping Vegan" is an oxymoron to me. :)

and nobody cares.

if you have a problem, pm me.

kthxbye.

dahliaheartsyou

yes i do like saying it. :happy:

you know, i bet you lump every vegan into 1 stereotypical category right? hippie, dreads, wears chicken suits and dances outside kfc with protest signs?

yeah, not really...

it is a personal choice and there are many aspects that are open to change, clearly it is impossible to be 100% vegan when things such as manure are used on fruit crops and what not.

i don't try and call out people that are different then me.

arguing with me isn't going to get anywhere, nobody is going to change, so mine as well not.

also, i am an adult, not "kiddo"

Sorry for the off topic question, but what happened to the sexist women of NR thread? I haven't been home all day and saw that it got closed.

[quote name='Kraylen' date='Aug 31 2008, 08:31 PM' post='1791858

Edit: O'Doyles rule.

LOL!!!!

dahliaheartsyou
Sorry for the off topic question, but what happened to the sexist women of NR thread? I haven't been home all day and saw that it got closed.

eh, kmitch had to explain to me too...

i would pm her if you want to know...too much to explain... :happy:

You really like saying "kthxbye" dont you?? :PomgomgomgB)

I have no idea what that means...

eh, kmitch had to explain to me too...

i would pm her if you want to know...too much to explain... :happy:

Can you pm me? If you don't want to that's ok.

dahliaheartsyou
So whatcha going to do now that the SH and Pipefish idea went out????????? :D

well, i still plan on having a sh tank, just not an AIO because they seem to run hot and sh need less flow and it would be easier/better to build it, but since i have no freakin clue yet and am going to probably have to move my tank next year or sooner i don't want to set it all up only to try and move them and kill them...

so...

i have no freakin clue...

right now i am just buying coral i like, plan on getting pom poms, and that is about it...

i want something different though, so i am thinking a yellow stripe clingfish is a better choice as it is much easier to take care of but still gives that look of a pipe, but i def. do NOT want an urchin...

other fish i like are: royal gramma, jawfish, ywg, barnacle blennies, and mandarins (yeah yeah, i know)

Ooo if you are considering dragonets, I'd recommend scooter blennies. Certainly not as colorful but they have sooo much personality. My favorite fish by far. And if you have a mated pair, you can watch them do their little spawning dance under the moonlights.

dahliaheartsyou
Dahlia can you please make me one of those cool banners you have in your sig? :D

yeah, sure, just give me a little bit, i'm busy with classes :angry:

jk, i love college really!

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION!!

will the 20" sunpod be ok for my tank, as my tank is 20" 3/4 wide...or would I need the 24"???

thanks!

well, i still plan on having a sh tank, just not an AIO because they seem to run hot and sh need less flow and it would be easier/better to build it, but since i have no freakin clue yet and am going to probably have to move my tank next year or sooner i don't want to set it all up only to try and move them and kill them...

so...

i have no freakin clue...

right now i am just buying coral i like, plan on getting pom poms, and that is about it...

i want something different though, so i am thinking a yellow stripe clingfish is a better choice as it is much easier to take care of but still gives that look of a pipe, but i def. do NOT want an urchin...

other fish i like are: royal gramma, jawfish, ywg, barnacle blennies, and mandarins (yeah yeah, i know)

yeah, sure, just give me a little bit, i'm busy with classes :angry:

jk, i love college really!

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION!!

will the 20" sunpod be ok for my tank, as my tank is 20" 3/4 wide...or would I need the 24"???

thanks!

BLUE SPOTTED JAWFISH!!!!! :D Or yellow head :D

20" Sunpod :D

-David

dahliaheartsyou
BLUE SPOTTED JAWFISH!!!!! :D Or yellow head :D

20" Sunpod :D

-David

you speak in riddles?!?!?

really, though would the 20" sunpod be ok?

you speak in riddles?!?!?

really, though would the 20" sunpod be ok?

Sorry about that Dahlia :D

You said you love Jawfish, great fish with a huge personality! :D I think one would be great in your tank :D

Second part: hahahahaha, the 20" will fit on the BC29...the tank is just under 20" long...19.75...something like that...

-David

dahliaheartsyou
Sorry about that Dahlia :D

You said you love Jawfish, great fish with a huge personality! :D I think one would be great in your tank :D

Second part: hahahahaha, the 20" will fit on the BC29...the tank is just under 20" long...19.75...something like that...

-David

yeah, just send me the money for him...lol.

ok, cool, i plan on getting one...

AND, after pm'ing with yardboy (he is a really great, caring guy) it seems the glover's atoll biotope may be back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just gotta see if the frags I have now will fit in, or i will have to sell them...

dahliaheartsyou

JEEBUS F"ING WHAT THE H?!?!?!?!?

ok, so last night I tried changing my heater to a lower one, a 50 watt hydor all-glass aquarium cheapo one... so, i look at the temp just now...

IT IS 85 F'ING DEGREES?!?!?

I set the thing to 78, just like the Stealth one I had..

DON'T GET THESE P.O.S. things...

it was in my goldfish tank...but i took it out....bad idea...

anywho, i have ice cubes (ro/di water) in the back chambers, 2 bags of ice cubes floating, tuned the lights off, and have a fan on it...

it's already at 83...

oh yeah, I threw the heater out the window....

really i did...

I am so mad...and freaked out, the corals look fine though, I wondered why they were so intense colored today.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

That sucks. I also have one of those heaters, and I thought about posting about mine when I first started to see if anyone else had similar problems. To keep my tank at 80 degrees I have to set my heater at 73! They are definitely pretty crappy. I haven't made a change because I've learned to deal with it, but if I was going new I would not recommend them.

dahliaheartsyou
85??.... relax... you're fine.

My temps, prior to getting a chiller, have hit the 90's.

Just bring it back into range slow.

ok cool, it's now dropping slowly...

Archived