inTank Media Baskets

2.5g filtration

Fishboy20

hey guys, im new to this aspect of fishkeeping so i have a few questions. Im planning on starting a 2.5 gal nano reef, and i was wondering on methods for filtration. I was considering a.) no filtration other than liverock/sand b.) undergravel w/ powerhead or c.) i have an aquaclear mini, 150, and 300 kicking around, and i thought maybe i could modify one of those for a 2.5, without spending money. If i did choice c, id like to know what to do for media and why. If there's any other cheap suggestions for filtration, lets hear it. :)

Also, as far as lighting goes, i have a 24" 2x55w. would it be okay just to hang that over the 12" 2.5? Or is that too much?

And for bioload, i would like to get a clownfish, shrimp, and lots of corals and inverts in there. (gradually). are these unrealistic expectations?

Thanks guys!

Use the mini as much as for water flow as anything. Then if you need to drop some mechanical filter or carbon in there for a bit you can, but I would run it without the media on a regular basis.

As far as the lighting it won't be too much light it will just look a little funny but hey if you have to use what ya got, go for it.

As far as your stocking wishes you'll need to talk to the 2.5 experts....

Just my opinion

Archived