inTank Media Baskets

couldn't find the old thread so som new crakeur shots

Crakeur

noticed this morning that the red acro with green polyps suffered some stinging damage. I moved the offensive coral and now I must wait and see if the acro recovers.

Clam fell again. I can't seem to find a good spot for it, other than in the sand and I doubt if it will get enough light on the sand.

I have the same problems every day. One ricordia rock keeps tumbling, the clam moves and the turbos make me nervous. I figure I'll get it all set and running and happy, go away for my vacation and come back to a stinky mess.

thanks guys. hopefully it will grow out nicely and the colors will show up better in pics. Maybe then, this clown from the lounge, will have a tank worth bragging about.

rose bta came from an online store but I promised I wouldn't mention where as he doesn't want to be hit with requests for them. It's a clone, about 2 inches across and I got it for $60 and it is not very visible in the tank. need to twist around to see it

'bout time we got some pics. Boy are we going to have fun swapping small frags. Your tank is starting to look like my 65 & I need to trim back soon.

The clam will be more than happy to spend some time with mine if he doesn;t settle down.

How are those monti caps doing? Starting to see some major growth even since those pics last week: increased my alk drip & it's working, and the purple rims are brightening up.

nice. the red monti cap is growing but I mounted it upright so I might see some strange vertical and horizontal growth (what I was hoping for). the tiny cap that kevin dropped off is sloly making prgress but is still too small to frag and still only brown. the other brown cap is supposed to also be a green with purple rim but I don't see it happening. acros are starting to take hold and show signs of growth, except that red with green polyp one (friggin lps). If it doesn't recover I will have to replace it. it's really beautifull.

I might start mounting monti caps on the glass. I'm an addict and I need help.

I've had trouble with that in the past (READ: The little bastards get knocked off the glass into never-never land behind the rocks, only to resurface months later as blinding-white supports in the rock caves of my pistol shrimp). I have been growing two of them against the glass, and they are growing up it, but not attaching to it.

There were some people on RC that mont them on little hanging contraptions on the back of the tank: I'll find a link.

I've always said if there's a problem throw $$$ at it! VEry nice looking setup Crak. Love the acro's too. Looks like I'll be paying spsfrags a visit soon.

Damn, that puppy's come along. Looks great. Definitely mount the caps on the vertical. I did that with one of the pieces of your awol purple rim and the layered shelves that are starting to grow out look awesome.

I'll have to see what kind of time I'm making tomorrow afternoon, but if I have an hour to spare, I'll drop off that plate and other goodies (and the, um, nano supplement we spoke of).

Archived