Innovative Marine Aquariums

chemipure problem?

TheMako

check your water level. the pump is probably sucking up air.

Chemi-Pure solves every problem but that one. Its a long story, you don't want to know. :)

I was going to get some of that stuff. How big are the bags it comes in. I was going to put some in a smaller filter

Yes, it does You have to read B)

Use one 10 oz Chemi-Pure unit or one 11.74 oz Chemi-Pure Elite unit, already packed in filter bag, for up to 40 gallons. Remains active 4-6 months.

so, after reading that you can come up with this:

CD-117449 is 10oz

CD-21410 is 10 oz

CD-29680 is 11.74 oz

davidncbrown
Thats doesnt tell me how big the bag is just that its good for 40gal. I want to know how big the bag is

Actually It does say, just not like "its the size of a ______"

"Use one 10 oz Chemi-Pure unit or one 11.74 oz Chemi-Pure Elite unit, already packed in filter bag, for up to 40 gallons. Remains active 4-6 months."

Its about the size of a fist. Hope that helps. Also, its just a bag with a bunch of exchange resin's and carbon in it so you can kinda make it fit anywhere, just keep in mind the thicker it it the less flow through it.

Haha Stevie you beat me to it. Oh well, I'm on copious amounts of pain meds right now so I'm a little slow.

haha, it's ok, slow is good sometimes.

if you can supply it in your tank, go with the elite, great product and it cures cancer!

I was going to get some of that stuff. How big are the bags it comes in. I was going to put some in a smaller filter

LOL i am using a ac30 and it fits in there but not much room for anything else. The bag is huge when u take it out of the container.

On the ChemiPure Elite are you supposed to rinse the bag with clean water once a week or do you just leave it in the tank for the duration of the product (4-6 months)?

Do you think it would be ok to cut open a bag of chemi-pure and put some of it into a phosban reactor with ROWAphos?

Thanks for the answers guys, I wanted to get some for my wifes 3gal. its the Picotope from Foster and Smith http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=15493

shes using the filter that came with it, any suggestions on what to use as a media bag? does this make sence, I just woke up and am a little grogy still

I don't know anything about those picotopes, sorry. Someone else will have to chime-in.

masterbuilder

Open the bag, pour 1/2 back into the jar, put lid back on jar, store jar on shelf, close the bag with a zip tie, drop the bag into the filter. When you’re ready to change it out. Open the bag, dump out the old chemi-pure, add the new stuff, zip tie the bag closed, drop it in the filter. That’s what I do. Yes...I know I used my superior mental capacity to implement this complex procedure. Follow this procedure and you too may be able to accomplish this amazing feat. Feel free to print out these instructions for future reference.

On the ChemiPure Elite are you supposed to rinse the bag with clean water once a week or do you just leave it in the tank for the duration of the product (4-6 months)?

I just rinse it before putting it in the tank for about a minute. I do not take it out to rinse, just replace every 4 months or so. If it is getting clogged up with detritus then you should rinse, but a sponge or floss should be before it to catch anything before it can be trapped in the bag.

ok, i waited a couple of days and the micro bubble problem is still there. It actually does go away if i turn the flow on the filter down, so does anyone have any ideas what it could be? How hih is the water level supposed to be to the filter?

I would make sure the U tube is correctly positioned and fully seated over the propeller intake. It might not have a tight enough seal and the u tube is coming in contact with air.......... Doesnt sound like the chemi-pure to me.

I had an aquaclear on my old FW tank years ago, I noticed with the flow up all the way, if the water had a long enough fall distance till it hit the tank water I would get a bunch of air bubbles in my tank. It sounds like more of a problem with your filter, not chemi pure.

Archived