inTank Media Baskets

Suprise!!

emt3786

I have 18lbs of live rock in my 10 gallon tank. I haven't added anything but 2 clowns. My tank has been running for 2 weeks now, and today I found 2 crabs, 1 snail, and 3 small feather dusters. What a wounderful suprise i found in my live rock.

Lucky for you! I have had my 18 lbs of marshall island live rock and 10 lbs of LS for 3 weeks and the only stuff I have seen is bubble algae and grass growing. BORING! :)

Marshall island is what my rock is. It also has alot of small macro algea growing on one of the rocks there are leafs every where. I'll try to find a camemra and post some pics.

Yah I would like to see some pics. My is very porous, makes for lots of good caverns. I have some good spots of coralline alge, but I am seeing some bubble algae starting to sprout up. Not good, I wanted to avoid an emerald crab ,heh.

I didn't seem to retain any live outside of algaes. I seem to hair some sort of aquatic grass growing on the rocks and now my sand. It is probably going to turn out to be hair algae. My 'pods like sitting in it.

My ammonia and nitrites are at 0, so I will be able to add some cleaners pretty soon....

Archived