Cultivated Reef

Tunze Reef Salt

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef

Well i currently do a 2gal. wc every week on my ap24 with nsw. I'm really tierd of having to get a ride to the lfs and deal w/ 5gal buckets all the time. I'm thinking about mixing my own water with ro/di water from the lfs (i'd get like 10gal at a time til i get a unit.) So.... tunze reef salt is one of the only salt mixes I haven't heard bad things about, based on what i've read the do quality control test on it. I know masterbuilder uses it, does anyone else? If so do you like it and could someone give me some parameters of a fresh batch?

I was about to mention that masterbuilder uses it, but I see you already know that.

Have you gotten fresh batch specs from him?

I know he's tested freshly made batches.

This is a salt that I have been curious about as well...

Nick's Reef
I was about to mention that masterbuilder uses it, but I see you already know that.

Have you gotten fresh batch specs from him?

I know he's tested freshly made batches.

This is a salt that I have been curious about as well...

I'll have to pm him, if I do use it i'll have to tell ya how i like it!

Edit: hey weetie congrats on becoming a mod!

Nick's Reef

Well i talked to Masterbuilder and the parameters he got look very very good! It's very close to nsw and I think I'm goning to get a bag of it soon.

masterbuilder

Salinity 35 ppm

Temperature 80.0 degrees

KH 9.25-9.50 Salifert and API

CA 420-425 Salifert and API

MG 1225-1250 Salifert and API

K+ 350 Unknown test kit.

The numbers I have seen from 2 fresh batches, each parameter tested with API and Salifert to cross check my results. K+ was tested at a LFS. Works well for me, dont dose, no SPS, softies only.

Archived