Innovative Marine Aquariums

tunze nano skimmer 9002

Duncan

i got a 9002 and is thinking of attaching to a wall that's submerged. hence the outside magnet would be in the water. so is the magnet waterproof? can someone verfiy? thanks a lot!

i got a 9002 and is thinking of attaching to a wall that's submerged. hence the outside magnet would be in the water. so is the magnet waterproof? can someone verfiy? thanks a lot!

yes, you can submerge the whole thing including the external magnet

Anyone know if the Tunze 9002 will fit in the back chambers of the Nano-Cube 28G HQI?

Stevie T: does your collection cup work in the NC 28 HQI?

Thanks!

Anyone know if the Tunze 9002 will fit in the back chambers of the Nano-Cube 28G HQI?

Stevie T: does your collection cup work in the NC 28 HQI?

Thanks!

I hope so, but if it doesn't I can make one that will. Any idea on the dimentions needed?

My cup is 120mm x 80 mm or 4.7" x 3.1"

It is 3.5" tall or 89mm

The height I can't not readily change since there is an exact science in getting that foam to spill over, yet if the cup from the 9002 fits, so will this as far as height, it is shorter than the 9002.

not to hijack but does anyone where where to get a magnet holder set for the 9002. mine is the last model that didn't include it.

not to hijack but does anyone where where to get a magnet holder set for the 9002. mine is the last model that didn't include it.

directly from Tunze..

I belive the model number is 6025.500 magnets

I hope so, but if it doesn't I can make one that will. Any idea on the dimentions needed?

My cup is 120mm x 80 mm or 4.7" x 3.1"

It is 3.5" tall or 89mm

The height I can't not readily change since there is an exact science in getting that foam to spill over, yet if the cup from the 9002 fits, so will this as far as height, it is shorter than the 9002.

The height and the length is fine, its the depth 3.1" That i think might be a little big, Ill have to remeasure when im off work, but I was looking into it briefly, and I think you only have 2.5" of total clearance, when I get my tunze ill check how high it sits up, becuase if the cup sits above the back lip then it will fit just fine as long as you have atleast 0.6" of clearance from the walls of your house to the cube.

The height and the length is fine, its the depth 3.1" That i think might be a little big, Ill have to remeasure when im off work, but I was looking into it briefly, and I think you only have 2.5" of total clearance, when I get my tunze ill check how high it sits up, becuase if the cup sits above the back lip then it will fit just fine as long as you have atleast 0.6" of clearance from the walls of your house to the cube.

That would be very helpful. I want to get one for my tank. The fact that everyone says that this one is quiet is very appealing to me. I was going to get the Remora, but everyone says it is so noisy

just wanted 2 update ya bigsushi.... After getting the skimmer, it wont fit in the nano cube really.

It can be done, but you have to cut the wall between where the water enters the sump and the heater location about 2 inches lower, Or remove the magnet off of the tunze.

Also in order to get it to work, the rest of your sump is going to be useless, you have to flood the sump so that the water level is pretty much to the top of the rim in order to get the water level correctly to the skimmers height (the collection cup wont sit all the way down if its not this high)

Im sad to learn this, since I just waited about 5 days for this skimmer to get here and I dont think ill be using this skimmer.

I also make a cup that is 2.8" deep or 73mm, it is for the solana. If you need something that is only 2.5", I can accomidate that as well.

That would be very helpful. I want to get one for my tank. The fact that everyone says that this one is quiet is very appealing to me. I was going to get the Remora, but everyone says it is so noisy

The Tunze is quiter than the remora, I have had both skimmers. The remora has the injection system to make foam, that is the main source of the noise

I appreciate the offer Steve, but Im tired of trying to fit everything into these tiny areas and cutting up my hands in the prosses (which makes the aipestia feel so much better). So, I took the plunge and dumped another $200 on a 10G sump. I picked up this sump and now the only thing Im going to have to retro fit is an overflow box into the nanocube and then I can put my tunze and everything else in there.

Aparently marine depot wont return anything thats opened So I have this brand new tunze just sitting next to me laughing... My main reason for the purchase :lol:

just wanted 2 update ya bigsushi.... After getting the skimmer, it wont fit in the nano cube really.

It can be done, but you have to cut the wall between where the water enters the sump and the heater location about 2 inches lower, Or remove the magnet off of the tunze.

Also in order to get it to work, the rest of your sump is going to be useless, you have to flood the sump so that the water level is pretty much to the top of the rim in order to get the water level correctly to the skimmers height (the collection cup wont sit all the way down if its not this high)

Im sad to learn this, since I just waited about 5 days for this skimmer to get here and I dont think ill be using this skimmer.

S197:

I too bought a tunze 9002 for my 28G HQI; i was able to squeeze it into the center chamber of the back of the tank. I took out the filter basket, and it BARELY fits into the center chamber. The cup doesn't sit down perfectly, but it is working despite this. If I cut out a two to three inch portion of the lip on the back of the tank, I think that is enough for the cup to sit.

Overall, the skimmer sits higher than the recommended water level, but my 9002 has been skimming away. I think I can keep it going even without cutting the small section of the tank.

if I hadn't already bought my tunze, I would have taken yours off your hands

I appreciate the offer Steve, but Im tired of trying to fit everything into these tiny areas and cutting up my hands in the prosses (which makes the aipestia feel so much better). So, I took the plunge and dumped another $200 on a 10G sump. I picked up this sump and now the only thing Im going to have to retro fit is an overflow box into the nanocube and then I can put my tunze and everything else in there.

Aparently marine depot wont return anything thats opened So I have this brand new tunze just sitting next to me laughing... My main reason for the purchase :lol:

I could have saved you $170 ;)

hope the sump works out

:angry: I always find out the good news when its to late...

Luckily I'm still happy though since I brutally murdered about 100 aiptasia with some Joe's juice. That stuff is a real stress remover when you get to see em shrivel up and die.

guys i have red sea max and i am thinking to change my skimmer with tunze 9002 i guess it is much quieter than what rsm offer. and definitely better skimming b/c prizm is sucks. tunze makes good stuff, it is made in Germany.

Archived