Cultivated Reef

Worked 12g Eclipse

crazywolf

Well I have an issue. Apparently cracks have developed around the return holes. I'm not sure what to do about it. I could bond some small squares around the holes to cover the cracks. I'm not sure that will be enough though. So I might just go to my LFS and get a 15 tall and have it drilled.

ETA: Well I decided to fill it with water and at least test it out. I got no leaks except the bulkheads because I didn't teflon tape them yet. It was minor drips anyway. The pump more than keeps up with the drain. I did not install the overflow yet though. I assume this will actually decrease my flow due to the weight of the water being less. I might have to go with a 1" drain as has been suggested. We will see. I need to research how to measure GPH since with the current drain system it's just a little slower than the pump full blast. According to the pump specs at 3' it pushes 450gph. Now it's 32" from the bottom of the pump to the returns. How much loss do you think I have due to pushing it out 2 returns?

Well I have not been able to do much but I have done some work on the stand. The plumbing is pretty much complete. Here are a few quick pics.

stand.jpg

stand2.jpg

drain.jpg

overflow.jpg

Well I have a few new updates but no pics for now. I decided to go ahead and enlarge the drain to 1" so I used my dremel to open the hole enough for it to fit. I had to remove my overflow to get to it but it's all back together now. I will water test it one more time then move it inside. I still need to decide on a few small things. The main thing that sucks is I need 2 more gas cans to get the water home. Hopefully this weekend I will get the salt water in it. Then I will be able to order my live rock. :D

Archived