Innovative Marine Aquariums

hydor flos

sly fox

anyone ever used these? im doing a nano build comp and am going to incorporate them, and I wondered if they ever jam much...?

thanks

I also use one on my return on my AP24 and love it. It helps vary up the currents without getting a wave maker. The only time mine jams is when one of my snails tries to clean it and gets wedged between the Flo and the light covers. Other than that it has never jammed on me.

reefatschool

I have one also on my return pump and I like it for the water movement. Mine rarely jams other then when i trim my cheato.

I've had mine about 6 months. It only jams when a snail lodges itself in the back. That's only happened 2 or 3 times and takes 5 seconds to fix.

I like mine, but it does jam every now and then, possibly from the CUC or the coralline algae that is overtaking it. For the $12 cost it is worth it IME, to get it started again i just nudge it with a pole or finger, gets it going again, no big deal to me

As long as you keep it clean (like clean it once a week or two) and don't try to force too much flow through it then it should work well for you.

Mine has jammed twice. One time a snail was the culprit, the second a crab. :) Still love it though, adds a really nice wave effect.

ddelallata

I've had one for about 2 weeks without any problems (fingers crossed). Its well worth the 12 dlls.

Archived