Cultivated Reef

General Questions

PR-REEFER

I have a 29 gallon reef aquarium. Is this a Nano? Well I like this forum anyway. I have a yellow mushroom leather that on one side has turned brown on the edges. Is this a problem? After returning from a two week vacation I noticed that my large astrea snail was walking like a red hermit crab. Did the hermit kill the snail then move in? Also a blue legged crab moved into the old shell of the red hermit is this normal?

newbiefishgirl

HAH I am not laughing at you , but thinking about my own experience. Those blue legged hermits are really lil devils. One of my snails came off the glass and the hermit crab just attacked the poor lil guy and ate him. I would not doubt that your hermit did not kill the snail and then take his shell. All this moving around and murder in your tank is normal.... its called survial of the fittest! As far as your coral question I have not gotten that far in my own tank. I don't have any corals yet.... and no I dont believe you have a true "nano" tank. Usually 10 gal or smaller.

Does mean you can't be here asking questions tho. WELCOME :)

Hope I was a lil bit of help

-Rebecca

newbiefishgirl

haha .. who you calling lil Crakeur??

ok well I may be a "shorter girl" but I am a young woman!!!

I don't know what made me sign as Rebecca... I think the formality of work today .. had to be it!:P

well, Rebecca sounds like an older (read not a kid) woman and Becky sounds more like a highschooler. I dated a becky back in college so I'm not complaining, just saying our little girl is all grown up.

how short are ya?

newbiefishgirl

hahah You are short too Cajastan???

I am 5 foot even! ..how about you cajastan?

Crakeur... haven't you ever heard the saying.. good things come in small packages... lol

Originally posted by newbiefishgirl

Crakeur...  haven't you ever heard the saying.. good things come in small packages... lol

I've been telling the ladies that for years. They just laugh and tell me to put my small package away.

newbiefishgirl

hahahah Ok well in the case of the saying "good things come in small packages." I mean this ONLY pertaining to a female !! And mostly to their height!!!

In this case we have two good small packages... myself and cajastan!!!

Sorry boys, you must not be on our "GOOD" small package list!

liol

;)

Welcome to NR! Yes, a 29 is considered a nano, just depends on who you ask. Some still consider anything less than a 55 one. I am not sure about your mushroom. Have you tested your water parameters yet? Post your specks and hopefully someone will be able to help you further with your shroom. The hermit crab is unfortunately a normal thing. You can try to curb this a bit by throwing in some extra shells for them to play "dress up in" (as my four year old calls it). Occasionally though, you will get a rogue that will kill no matter what. Good Luck!

Angel

Originally posted by Angel

Post your specks

I've heard them called lots of things but specks is a new one. mean as hell too. (sorry angel, I couldn't resist)

I'm glad to see others here with sick humor...

Crakeur is just spreading hate and discontent because he's bitter over his lilliputian junk!

Anywho...I am personally confused by different sellers referring to their snails by different names. For example, saltwaterfish.com has snails listed as "turbo/astrea" and "mexican/trochus" I was under the impression that these were four different types of snails!

saltwaterfish.com sells astreas that are turbos.

and I'll have you know that my junk ain't lilliputian, it's just vertically challenged thank you very much.

for the record, if you can't make fun of your size, you clearly have an issue with it.

so, can we please get off my nano (ladies can stay) and move back to Becky's specks?

I am a professional stalker. I watch the internet for strange behavior and potentially dangerous activity. Oh, no, wait, that's what the guy who stopped by this morning told me he was watching me for. I'm a professional clown. Unfortunately, there isn't a circus in town so I am currently lounging around the house in my big red shoes and my big red nose, ####ing off the wife.

Archived