Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze Comline 3110

horsehunter

Anyone using this skimmer?

How do you find it?

Fellow at J&L aquatics said he thought the Remora might be overkill for my 20 gallon and recommended the Tunze

FROM J&L"S WEBSITE

In 1963, TUNZE developed the first standard protein skimmer for salt water with its own air generation system.

In this rotating jet skimmer, the strong water jet of the pressure pump generates a constant, fine-pearly air bubble mixture, which escapes to the top through a discharge system with a length of 1.20 m into an easy-to-clean foaming cup. By this means the water in the contact pipe itself becomes “poor” in protein particles. The inflow from the aquarium then takes place more or less automatically due to the so-called molecular compensating pressures (diffusion).

A further TUNZE invention is the principle of contact skimming which prevents living plankton from being drawn into the pump circulation. Eighty per cent or more of the organic substances, such as proteins and cellulose, are removed from saltwater aquariums by these modern automatic skimmers.

Every Tunze protein skimmer comes ready to mount as a hang-on skimmer. Optional skimmer stand for in sump applications is available.

Power saving ecological pumps require up to 50 per cent less energy.

High-tech pumps ensure a stable long-time foaming capacity, extremely low maintenance and noise.

Ready to go! Simply unpack, plug-in and skim!

These skimmers are the smallest and most powerful units in their class!

Tunze Pump Included.

Specifications:

Height: 13-3/8"

Base: 5 x 2-1/4"

For aquariums up to 40 Gallons (dependent on bio-load).

Thanks Frank

I installed a Lee's cc skimmer last night temporarily last night to see how well it worked. Here is a pic of what it has done from last night to this afternoon.

attachment.php?s=&postid=130080

Actually they sell Remora, Backpack and Tunze> The Tunze is the least expensive.

I would try a Lees except I have no sump and I don't want a skimmer in the tank.

Frank

cmoreash

Every Tunze protein skimmer comes ready to mount as a hang-on skimmer. Optional skimmer stand for in sump applications is available.

From the above specs. J&L and Tunze websites

What does the /2 denote is it a different model?

Still leaning toward the Remora

Frank

Archived