SaltCritters.com

Touching

plapczynski

"mommy....Uncle Bobbie is touching me down THERE and it makes me feel icky..." LOL Couldn't resist. Go ahead and touch it, fondle it, do whatever with it (may want to refrain from licking it..Vibrio infections can suck)....stop bein' a pansy! lol

Have fun...

It wont hurt the rock, but it may hurt you. Well not really. I got some spines stuck in my hands. And the rock can scrape a little bit, but hey, this is reefing, its dangerous!

i don't particularly like doing so but you can.

i'm always concerned (squeamish) that i'm going to feel something i don't particularly want to. i.e. goosh a peanut worm, squish a sponge, moosh a spaghetti worm, or pet a bristle worm, etc., stuff like that. :x

shouldn't be a dangerous issue unless there's urchins and stuff e.g. flower urchins are lethal :o but by and large most things are just nuisance or gross value levels.

If you dont know what is ok to touch, play it safe, wear gloves. Sometimes there are critters on the rock that can put you in the hospital. A member here pressed on 1 to kill it thinking it was safe and went to the emergency room. Not trying to scare you but a circumstance of "your tank trying killing you" has happened.

It was his 18g Office Nano. Oh and by the way he is selling it

I live dangerously and handle my LR with my bare hands.

Archived