Top Shelf Aquatics

Low water production RO/DI

JSalser

I hooked up my RO/DI filter today it is a ebay special Water General. Anyway it is the 6 stage unit 100-110gpd, It is running and working/filtering as we speak. Before filtering i got a reading of 77ppm TDS after Oppm so I know the filter is working. The problem is the drain line keeps a steady stream and the pure water line is just a drip. I think its made 5-6 gallons since 3pm today. Do i need a booster pump? I have a well so i dont have steady water pressure, will that help my output amount?

thanks ahead of time...

Check your manual but it should specify what your pressure should be to get full production out of your unit. I'm on a well too and I could crank up my pressure on my well to get what I wanted out of mine.

I have the same unit, its a 3:1 ratio, 3 gal of waste to 1gal of good. prob need a booster pump. Im on a well also and I get a pressure of 40-50psi. That unit needs atleast 40psi. and temp. affects it also.

My well has a standard 40-50 switch on it so I cant adjust it... Thinking about it i need to check my storage tank in the crawspace and see if it has enough air pressure.

Archived