SaltCritters.com

springerii pseudochromis

going to see the oracle

going to see the oracle

hey,

i really like the springerii pseud http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...=21&pCatId=1115 and i was wondering if a 6 gallon would be okay for a permanant home? and if not would it be okay in a 6 g temp. until i can get a 10 or 15h going? also anyone know of somewhere i could get one online other than the all scary foster's and smith?

thanks in advance,

Reed

• 2 weeks later...
harbingerofthefish

like most of the dottybacks, it should be alright in a 6, but keep in mind that with all the LR and substrate, your tank is not 6 gallons of water anymore. I kept a sunrise in a 7.

If you don't want to go the online route for sure, check with your LFS. This dottyback is tank raised by ORA. 3 LFS near me deal with them, and can get these dottys. That would save you on the shipping costs.

going to see the oracle

thanks for the replies! i found the local fish shop can order a tank raised springerii for $ 45. i like the fish however tho because it only gets 1.6" max, making for a small bioload. now trying to decide between it and a green clown goby

harbingerofthefish

1.6" max?

I'm pretty sure it's more like 2.6"

springerii, sunrise, strawberry, diadama, etc all get around the 3" range.

$45 isn't bad. The cheapest I've seen one hear is $40 either way that beats the online price when you add in shipping.

personally I would take a dotty over a clown goby, my 2 cents

The max size of a Pseudochromis springerii is 1.6" according to ORA, and according to Scott W. Michaels 500 fish book. P. aldabraensis, fridmani, and all the others are a bit larger at full size.

you will enjoy that little fish, they have awesome colors and a really cool personality. I have one with a clown in my tank and they get along well. I have a Diadema though, diff than the one you are getting.

Its funny to see them swim, they dart really fast and stop, dart really fast and stop...

Cool fish!

Archived