SaltCritters.com

PurpleUp (Coralline Accelerator)

DCG1286

What are your calcium levels now?

If you are going to bring up your levels I would suggest using something like B-Ionic 2 part for CA and Alk.

b-ionic 2 part and a little patience. good things come to those that wait

Of course, patience is the key...i just happen to come across this stuff today and was curious as to what you all thought :D

Sounds to me like you wouldn't need to dose anything. Just like the other poster said... I'd save the money and wait it out.

HecticDialectics

Purple Up is just a calc supplement. If your CA level is already at 420PPM, you don't need a calc supplement. You need patience. :P

HecticDialectics
well when i need to re-dose, between water changes, what would everyone recommend?

Wha? This is your first post in the thread... I don't think anyone's going to know what you're talking about...

Purple Up is just a calc supplement. If your CA level is already at 420PPM, you don't need a calc supplement. You need patience. :P

ill second that suggestion, but from what i have read/heard the purple-up works quite well. idk

It has worked well for me, but it really is just a calcium supplement that also adds iodine is an amount that they "guess?" would be proportional to your calcium usage. But if I were to buy another supplement I would have gotten a 2 part calcium system and iodine separately.

I would say it works well...I add 10ML to my 10G every other day and my Cal is @ 500. After 30 days I now have Coralline starting to grow all over my clean white base rock.

Personally i have been faithful to B-ionic for many years...as well as Kent Marine...I use there SuperBuffer, Kalkwasser Mix, Iodine, Coral-Vite, Micro-Vite, and Strontium mixes...I also use Red Sea Marine Traces...and have had great luck with this... :D

-DCG

I think that it really doesn't matter what you use. Just see what you can get to boost your calcium (if you even need to) for less $

ive used Kent Nano-reef part AB and it kept my calcium level perfect.. coraline covered everthing in tank(backwall,filters,rock,etc)

PURPLE UP IS JUNK! It is aragonite dust which will NOT dissolve and will not help your coraline. If you want coraline growth just keep stable Ca / Alk and Mg params as others have suggested.

BustytheSnowMaam

I got some for free once and used it occasionally- I think it does help, but I don't have anything to compare it to. I mostly noticed that the lighter purple coralline seemed to grow faster, and I was getting coralline on the glass where I didn't before.

HecticDialectics

Purple Up is just a calcium additive with a lil iodine in it... and an overpriced one at that..

If anyone says it has helped their tanks, it's only because they had low calcium problems, or the use of Purple Up coincided with some other change in their tank, whether it be lighting or cleaning or just more attention...

gulfsurfer101

I use it on one tank and don't really see a difference. I use it for a 12 gallon reef tank and have the same amount of coraline growth in my ten and twenty four where I don't use it since they are no longer house any coral. Use the money on a nice frag.

Archived