Pod Your Reef

Is this enough flow for my 20L?

mane3215

I am in the process of setting up my 20L and was wondering if what I have is enough flow. Right now I have an aquaglobe 100 ph, an aquaclear 300 with 150 impeller (have been considering putting the 300 impeller back in), and a hob fuge with a rio 600 pump. Do I need to add more? I would prefer not put anymore ph's in the tank since I hate a cluttered look, maybe up the ph to an aquaglobe 200?

Also what is the best way to place one ph? I was thinking that back corner shooting towards the opposite front corner?

Other then this, the only problem I see is with the ac300 hob, even with the 150 its lnocking a rut in the sand, I am afraid of the 300 impeller =(.

Oh, also I plan on keeping lots of clams and sps in this reef.

Thanks.

ok clams dont like too much current as sps love current...you dont have enough current for sps i wouldnt think. i turn my tank over about 25x an hour so i have a 5 gallon that has about 125 gph of pump in it....for sps i woul dup it to about 35-40x. i dont know the flowrates on your pumps but im guessing you are around 300 or so and i wouldnt think that would be enough.

Yeah the aquaglobe100 is 100gph and the ac is 150 per hour. I guess if I put the 300 impeller back in the ac 300 and put an aquaglobe 200 in there, along with the refugium turning the water over with the rio600 (160gph), I should be about 670gph, I would assume that would be enough? Or I may leave the 150 impeller in the ac 300 and put a rio800 in my fuge to get the additional flow from there instead of letting my ac300 dig holes in my sand bed =).

What do you think?

Archived