SaltCritters.com

citron gobies

orangeclowns

orangeclowns

hey everyone,

I was just wondering if it is ok to put two citron gobies together in a 10 gallon nano? Please post anything???? THank YOU

It should be fine. But note that citron gobies are pretty hard to acclimate. I got a pair of clown gobies (citron and black), I had to return them after two weeks due to starvation. I tried to feed them with brine shrimp and frozen food. The brine would literally float past and hit my citron in the face. He was a statue...but then a half hour later I'd see him swimmin all over the tank. HTH.

-Mike

Hey orange clowns,

I asked about clown gobies on RC and they recommended small / young specimens of clown gobies so that they can form a pair. I also read somewhere that keeping pairs can help the acclimation process, but I suppose its a fish by fish thing. Good luck,

JC

• 3 weeks later...

i have a citron goby in my 7 gallon. it pretty much eats anything i put in the tank (brine shrimp, formula 1, shrimp, etc.) it eats alot for a lil guy! =P

I have a green clown in my 20H and he seemed to acclimate fine. I've had it for over a month now and I think it's only been fed twice. Then again my tank is like Pod City. If you have an a good ammount of pods in your 10 it should be OK, and you'll be less likely to share ucsd reefer's experience. Just a thought.

Archived