Top Shelf Aquatics

Highest RO TDS Reading Allowed?

Travis

What's the highest amount in ppm's on a TDS Meter for RO water would you consider to be safe?

I have a RO/DI kit under the kitchen sink that hasn't been used in quite some time and it is reading 004ppm and I was wondering if that would be ok?

I am going to let it run for a while and see if it's just that high because of the water in the canisters being stagnant for so long.

could be let it run for 5min and retest it. i dont let mine get over 2ppm. I also have clear canisters that I can see when they get dirty.

What's the highest amount in ppm's on a TDS Meter for RO water would you consider to be safe?

I have a RO/DI kit under the kitchen sink that hasn't been used in quite some time and it is reading 004ppm and I was wondering if that would be ok?

I am going to let it run for a while and see if it's just that high because of the water in the canisters being stagnant for so long.

Try this website it has some good info TDS info I use mine to get a measurement of the efficiency of the RO membrane. Measuring the water before the RO and after the RO and use that to create a percentage. 98% or better means your RO system is working correctly and the membrane is still good. Hope this helps.

Steve

Archived