Coral Vue Hydros

Best Online Store for Test Kits, other equipment?

dsnider

Hi, I'm new to this (only had my tank for a month). I'm looking for a good online store to buy my test kits and stuff from. I've lost faith in my LFS, they always give me a different answer and seem irritated when I ask a lot of questions. So, I figure I can ask my questions here, and get my test kits online. I'll still buy fish from them, but only when I've researched online first.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a few good test kits and a reliable online store to get them from. Anyone care to share their website of choice for purchases?

lakshwadeep

I think drsfostersmith.com has some of the lowest "regular" prices and shipping, especially when you buy just enough to not go up into another shipping price bracket. API's saltwater master and reef master kits are great for reliability at their price range.

I've found dr foster & smith to be higher price wise and they won't price match. Nice catalogs though.

I've had luck with petsolutions.com, petproductadvisor.com and thatpetplace.com--all will price match

I've ordered from them all. The drs and petsolutions (I believe) won't charge extra for heavy items.

EtOH_is_good

i got my last salifert calc test from premium aquatics. you could do a lot of online shopping to find lowest price and then ask for price matching. have at least a calc, alk and mg test if you have interest in sps.

I bought my refractometer at DFS (along with a lot of other stuff.) When the refractometer crapped out, they shipped me another one and a return label to return the original. Hard to beat customer service like that.

HTH,

hank

Archived