Top Shelf Aquatics

Cleaning out container for nano use...

DLN

This may sound a little odd... But I'm wondering if it would be POSSIBLE to clean out a Tide detergent container so that it would be safe to hold top-off water in it. This thing looks like the attached image. So far I let fresh water go in one of the holes and out the other for about 4 hours total (thats a lot of water :D), I also filled it with boiling water and let it sit overnight. The last thing I did was add about a cup of activated carbon to it and filled it with water and let it sit overnight.

Is this clean enough? Yes I am aware you can buy similar containers new in stores but heh, I'm cheap :D

Hmmm, good question. did you test the red valve once it had water vs. the really thick detergent solution in it? I'm curious if the valve works with water without leaking. I would also wonder since the plastic does not have to be food grade what it may leach out even if all traces of other chemicals are gone.

Maybe neither of these are an issue....for the cost of the water bottles, I wouldn't risk it. It would be a good reuse if you find out it's safe.

Archived