Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ artica chiller problems

hollow

So I hooked up my chiller and its doing a great job chilling my water, only one problem. The unit is leaking inside somewhere. I can see a pretty good amount of water dripping inside the unit from somewhere. It's also putting a pretty good amount of water onto my floor because the water inside is leaking downward and through the bottom. After I disconnected the unit (what a mess) it was even leaking residual water. Anyone got any ideas or did I just get a defective unit? Nothing leaks from the inlet/outlet tubes at the top.

• 1 month later...
Any updates on what happen now?

RMA'd it. JBJ also discontinued the chiller model as well. Going to be a newer one coming out eventually but no one has given a date. Currently have a 1/15 current and it works great.

This is exactly what happened with my first unit. Now the second unit appears to have a broken thermostat after a little more than a month. We'll see how JBJ handles the issue.

RMA'd it. JBJ also discontinued the chiller model as well. Going to be a newer one coming out eventually but no one has given a date. Currently have a 1/15 current and it works great.

So what they did is to give you a credit or they return you the money?

This is exactly what happened with my first unit. Now the second unit appears to have a broken thermostat after a little more than a month. We'll see how JBJ handles the issue.

I will buy the broken thermostat unit from you if JBJ do not warranty it. I could made use of that.

Let me know.

Thanks

So what they did is to give you a credit or they return you the money?

I will buy the broken thermostat unit from you if JBJ do not warranty it. I could made use of that.

Let me know.

Thanks

Just got store credit from marinedepot.

Archived