inTank Media Baskets

mh 150 toooo much for a 29?

tang27

alright i saw a great deal for a 150 mh setup ballast and bulb everything and then it came to me what if i up sized to a 29 and put a 150 mh bulb on it and keep my 2x65 watt coralife setup and put that on as well?? does this sound good i think it does. cause i want to keep some clams and sps. give me some input please .

thanx alot ,

tang

I know jdsabin1 is using two 175w mh 20k pendants on his 20l, and I will receive monday my 2 175wmh, and 65w pc hood for my 20l. So no I dont think its at all too much light.

it is not too much...there really isnt too much. ask lunchbucket he will tell you. he runs a 400w on his 20...i think that is overkill but it works for him sso....ya i think a 150 witht the pcs would be awesome. i think im going to be setting up a similar setup in the near future.

Not too much at all. I'm adding another 70 watts of MH to the 26 over my 2.5 for 96 total (may become only one 13 watt actinic and the 70).

Sounds good to me. The pendant alone should be good enough. Use a 10k ushio or icecap bulb. Sell the coralife light and use the money to get some frags n stuff. Keep lower lighting corals off to the sides. If you have plans on upgrading to a larger tank in the future maybe think about going with 250 halide?

Archived