Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

cp3823 - NOT satisfied

ddr_phish

Well I guess if you claim that everything was in working order when you shipped it and your telling the truth, and I know that I did nothing of fault, then I will be taking the pictures and shipping information I received to UPS. Feel free to close this topic mods since nothing further will be accomplished here.

Good Luck with that. UPS are Time Limit Nazi's.

If you have had the light for a month you are soooo SOL......

Well, I got my order from hellolights today and while I was replacing the ballast for the power compacts I noticed something on the old ballast. The circuit board had scorch marks on it from what looks like an electrical fire (it actually had melted a hole the the board) and was missing the grounding screw for it, thats not something that happens during shipping, and I know for certain that it didn't happen when I received it, lol I know what burnt circuitry smells like (I build desktops for extra cash) and something like this would of produced more smoke and smell, however none of that happened. Well atleast I know why it was being sold now, but all is fixed and replaced now.

Pictures:

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

well i hate to say it but this thread accomplished nothing.

One thing that really bothers me, if the packaged was insured why didn't anyone claim it? Not really fruad, it worked before it left, now that it has arrived it doesn't. Therefore it is UPS's fault.

We all know there are two sides to every story but cp's seems less deceptive. That is my own op. but glad to hear you gots it workings.

IBTL :DB):)

lakshwadeep

The fried ballast could have happened at either ddr_phish's or, less likely if it "was working", cp3823's location.

This happened to one of my PC ballasts for a Coralife 2x65W fixture, but my fixture had no visible smoke/smell. I was home during the day the timers turned on the light, so I can say that I didn't see any electrical fire during or after. IIRC, there was a small pop when the fixture turned on. I actually bought new bulbs before checking the ballast because it was around the time for their replacement.

I agree with 121a that there are two sides to this story.

I agree with 121a that there are two sides to this story.

Yes I know that there are very well two sides to the story, but things just didn't add up. Not responding to emails and PMs for over a week? Non working bulbs as well as burnt up ballast? Nothing happened when I tried to turn on the PCs, no smell, no noise, nada... And the ballast is missing the ground-screw to boot. Also the other thing is, where is all the hanging hardware?? I have about 1/4 of the total hanging kit that he was supposed to send. And all he's telling me is that the UPS store packed it all and nothing is his fault.

I'm not b!tchin' and moanin', I just thought that it was really suspicious that the ballast was burnt up and missing the screw. Actually I'm really happy, because now I have a working light :D (even if the extra repairs came out of my own pocket :angry: )

Just want to let people know that they need to be wary, apparently alot of people have had great deals with him and received outstanding products, however, I was not one.

I got stuck with a non-working light from an ebay seller once.

I mean--whaddya gonna do??? Send it back for $40 shipping?

Rip off.

I'm not buying anything from anybody here any more----what a bunch of two-bit, broke-ass, kiddie thieves.

#### you(s).

you can buyz from me mvite. :P

looks like im getting ripped off from a local reefer on a skimmer. paypal claim go in Mon.

you can buyz from me mvite. :P

looks like im getting ripped off from a local reefer on a skimmer. paypal claim go in Mon.

Hope your paypal claim goes well :D ! Paypal told me that they can only take a hand in the claim if you never received the product from the person, they said they can't do anything about it being damaged, defective or different than it was listed.

Aw man---this pisses me off so bad---I kept thinking about it in bed last night.

I can't believe some douche sent a burnt out set-up so they could make some money. How pathetic---no allowance money that week? WTF.

I would search to the ends of the universe to find a way to #### this guy back.

Hell---I may help anyway. Send me his friggin info--I may or may not talk to his mother about this.

IBTL---I know I won't be able to whip out any turducken out on this one---with the new mods and all.

yup never received it.

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MONDEY

The ballast was not shot when he the light was shipped. Both Powercompacts were relatively new at only 4 months old. That light is/was only 10-11 months old. I had it over my 40 gallon bow front frag tank. This joker first does not send any emails or anything for several days then when he does, I responded to him within hours. He then post up here that I am not answering him. He does so on several occasions thought his posts in this thread saying I do not-did not communicate with with him. Then, I told him I sent him the instructions which Yes, I forgot to put them in the box out to him in the mail first class mail. He then posts up saying I told him I would overnight it to him? OK, I dont think so. So I posted up my emails to/from this guy.

He tells me that the box was packaged with syrofoam and the peanuts were all over. Then he claims that there was no protection or packing material then he even changes his claims that it was packaged with newspaper.

He opened a paypal claim and after a phone call to paypal the case was closed and sided with me.

END OF STORY.

And he still ignores the pictures of the burnt up ballast with missing screw... But w/e, I think there needs to be a stickied thread for good/bad traders, like a rating system, because I know this thread here isn't going to accomplish much now. Paypal won't do anything because they said they can only intervene IF I never received the light, Clinton Pearson won't admit to anything or stick to his word about his own guarantee, and I have already shelled out my own hard-earned cash to fix it. Go save some more lives clinty-pooh :bowdown: ...

Kinda the risk you take when buying used stuff: sometimes you have to replace stuff yourself instead of dealing with a customer service rep who has an RMA number.

Archived