Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DRINKING WATER USERS!

eklikewhoa

eklikewhoa

Well I found a bottle of water in the fridge that the fiance buys and was drinking it, after that I went to see what the fuss was about and what this bottled water comp. had to say about itself when I saw this.....

IMG_6228.jpg

Not sure if all drinking water is like this but it is fuel for thought......would it be safe to assume that most other bottled water is not far from this seeing as though most will not list much about their water?

Soft mouth feel? OHMY!

Fiji water, more green house gases are produced shipping that stuff than most coal fired power plants can produce. Avoid drinking water for a saltwater tank. If you get water at a grocery store, at least get distilled.

Lots of bottled water comes from a tap in places like Louisville KY, Pitt PA, CIny OH or Hillsborough county FL. That probably has less "stuff" in it than the the actual spring water but would have to be treated.

bottled water is such a scam. Gas is cheaper than that stuff. I remember going to one of the first places producing bottled spring water. One of the owners told me to please never tell anyone what I saw at the place as they wanted to make sure people still kept drinking it. This was several years before the bottled water boom and I just never could get into the water seeing what it had to go through to be used for drinking. Once I saw the swampy, semi polluted, water perrier pumps for their use, that went off my list as well. The springs in FL are amazing and springs in KY and other places as well. Where some of these companies (not all) pump their water would turn your stomach.

geekreef_05

I dont think you'll want to use that for your tank.

Frankly I dont think you'll want to keep drinking that either.

Is it comparable to most other drinking water? Depends where you're from and what municipal water facility your getting your h2o from. Generally your stuff has alot of silica and bicarbonate, compared to most other bottled sources. Is that good for you? Probably not all that much. I can tell you that my tap water TDS is about 110, so your bottled source is double that - probably bad for your tank.

Bottled water in general is a scam. Its not any 'healthier' than tap water in most cases.

The two sides to this argument is that over filtered water can lack nutrients and therefore be less healthy than water with some essential minerals and nutrients. But TDS only measures dissolved solids and does not register if those are good or bad for human consumption... so a high TDS around 200 would be potentially harmful or potential healthy or probably a mix of both in the case of human consumption. Yet 200 TDS water is unexceptable in a reef aquarium.

eklikewhoa

Well other then what really goes in these bottles of water I am just pointing out what they do list that goes into the water.....things that make the tank go bloom!

I don't use bottle water but am constantly reading about people who do...I myself use RO/DI.

Archived