Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquascaping advice? Cleaning?

siskiou

Since I'm still waiting for my nitrites to completely come down (0.3mg/L for 3 days, now), I've been staring at the tank, thinking about my rock arrangement.

I generally like it, but think I may have built it too high, with the highest point only about 3 inches below the surface.

(If I do more than a 20% water change, it will be exposed).

One of the rocks is touching the back wall for support. The rest are fitting together surprisingly well.

But I may have some LR a little too close to the sides.

How much room do I need for the cleaning magnet (haven't bought one, yet. Been using a sponge type one, so far)? Are they thicker than an inch?

Any slim models that work out there?

And how do you take care of the back wall, if you have a refugium covering pretty much the whole back.

Do you just let it go, and hope for corraline to cover it up?

Siskiou

20H

howabout a photo or two?

My cleaning magnet is about 1.25" thick, and I try to keep some room between the rock and the glass on all sides. I don't know what I will be putting in there in the future so I am trying to leave room.

I wish I had a digital camera, or even a good regular one.

Our's gave up the ghost last year.

I may have to use a credit card to reach one spot on a side wall.

The back wall is harder, since I can't use a magnet there, because of the HOB refugium.

Siskiou

No I don't clean the back glass pane. Mine is painted and I just leave it be. There are slimmer magnets out there. Check your LFS.

Archived