Pod Your Reef

help my poor brain

trailguide

trailguide

ok here is the deal i went to visit my parents for the weekend and when i got back, i looked at yellow open brain and about a 3rd of it is only with and looks to be thining out.  what is up?  i checked my water everything seems fine.  ????

i am running 30w, NO and 36w PC.  current is not too strong. (mod.) any help would be greatly welcomed...this is one of my fav.  in the tank and i really hope it can be helped.  

p.s. everything else looks fin.  GSP, YSP, botton polyps, mush.....and my hammer even looks to be growing 2 new heads.

please help.

thegr8tdane

I don't know alot about hem but I've been told by the lfs guy that they need alot of calcium. 450 or so. where are you?

Can you describe a little more what seems to be wrong with it or what it's symptoms are?

I'd try a water change, check the calcium, and feed it a piece of meat if you don't do that regularly.  Also make sure nothing's stinging it/touching it.

HTH

trailguide

Sadly to say my brain did not make it.  I woke this morning to find it being eaten by one of my blue legs...it was completely white and had not sign of life.  I checked my cal. and it was about 400 yesterday.  The only other thing, I think it could of been was my hammer coral.  I know it sung it when I first got it 3 weeks ago, but I moved it as far as I could get it away, maybe it was still stinging it.  How long can a hammer reach.  My brain was 8" away.  

Now I must go mourn my loss. thx. sadly to say my brain did not make it.  I woke this morning to find it being eaten by one of my blue legs...it was completely white and had not sign of life.  I checked my cal. and it was about 400 yesterday.  the only other thing, I think it could of been was my hammer coral.  I know it sung it when I first got it 3 weeks ago, but I moved it as far as I could get it away, maybe it was still stinging it.  how long can a hammer reach.  my brain was 8" away.  

now I must go mourn my loss. thx.

i know it's too late for your brain, but i just got mine a few weeks ago, and it wasn't looking so hot till i started feeding it silversides.  it really has improved 100%.  maybe next time if you get one you could supplementally feed it and it will do better.  =(

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brain coral.

I am thinking of getting one too and so thats the reason for reading this thread.

Archived