ReefCleaners.org

Eclipse 3 update

pulse13

Its been a little while since I've posted, and I got some corals to show off now! Just added a single orange ricordia yuma polyp and three zoo frags. They are doing great, and the ricordia is much bigger than when I got it, about 4 in. across now. The clown goby is used to the ric now and perches on it about half the time. My emerald crab was deported to the LFS for munching on the ric. I've also switched the bulb from stock 6500K to Hellolights 50/50, still a single bookworm.

Water parameters are ok, but I'm starting to see a little red cyano. I'm running Seachem seagel 24/7 in the HOT and it seems to help. Dosing only B-Ionic and Kent phyto. Water params are stable: NO3 <5, Ca 450, Alk 4 meq, 1.024 SG, 80F.

I'm going to keep this a shroom and zoo tank. I definately need some more colors, like blues, greens, reds and yellows. I also want to add a shrimp. BTW the ric looks more orange than in the pics.

Brown zoos with bluish-white spots. The spots actually fluoresce orange at night with the moonlight set to green, blue or UV (remember my RGB LED moonlight post a while back?).

Alright pulse! You got your Eclipse back up and running. Awesome!

I'm experiencing a cyano bloom myself and it's very annoying. I've done a couple of water changes in the past week and tried syphoning out as much as I could but it keeps coming back. Bastage algae.

I'll try to post some pics over the weekend.

you shoulda put the zoos on a shell that was being used. you woulda had a little travelling colony of zoos then :D . i really like the goby.

Archived