SaltCritters.com

Kent Coral Accel

BustytheSnowMaam

BustytheSnowMaam

Hi,

I have a bottle of Kent Coral Accel that was thrown in with some frags I purchased- I don't have the bottle in front of me, but it says it contains "hydrolyzed marine protein", iodine, and some vitamins (A and C stand out in my mind).  What is this stuff- is it like added nutrition for corals (like microvert, or phytoplankton) or is it like a vitamin supplement, or both?  Of course the bottle says to use it every day, how often should I really use it?  Has anyone else here used it?

Thanks....sorry for the "dumb" questions!

Tasha

• 2 weeks later...

i have the seachem version which is called reef plus. with this i m suppose to use it twice a week with about 1 mL per 25 gal. dont know if that will help much. i think its more like added nutrition for corals since most of the stuff found in it is already in the tank's water. this is just giving it a little boost.

BustytheSnowMaam

Thanks Hubu,

I was wondering if anyone would answer me.  I've been putting a couple of drops in about every other day.  The corals seem to be growing but I don't know if that's because of the Accel or that's just their normal rate of growth anyhow.

Thanks again,

Tasha

Nishant3789

coral accel is like a food for corals only ihtout the food.. it means that unlike coral vite which has allota trae elements this has all the organic stuf thatd normally be in foodss only in a liquid. corals use this like a food but its made for frags that are too weakto et food. hth

nishant

for sure i would feed it dts live phytoplankton cam....also many people use the kent products like coral accell phytoplex,bioplex....bal bla the list is endless. tash from what i hear coral accel is somewhat useless and does nothing. but i have no personal expierience on this so it is just word of mouth

Archived