Coral Vue Hydros

Xenia Lighting Requirements

shadofax69

Hi, I currently have a 2.5 gallon nano with 2x13W PC's above it. The xenia is doing fine now but I was wondering how it would effect it if I moved it into a 10 with a 96W quad. I know thats only a 0.8W/g difference but I was just wondering. Also can you keep acrapora and such under 9.6W/g of PC's or do they require the intense radiation put out by the MH's.

Thanks

You will find that the Xenia coral is amazing hardy. As long as you have any compact flourecent lights it should do fine. I have hade mine at the top of a 15 gallon with 2 x 18 watt, and at the bottom of a tall 30 gallon with 1 x 65 watt and in both cases it has grown and reprodue VERY quickly. Just remeber to change yourbulbs every 6 months or so; it seems to make a very big difference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put a really nice frag of Xenia in my 12 gallon nano from JBJ, its doing awesome. I really need to take a pic of my tank for ya guys. Also have some green star polyps, 2 blue legged hermit crabs, 4 astria snails and about 12 pounds of Fiji L.R.

• 2 weeks later...

My Xenia was doing fine in a 10 gallon under 2x28 watt PC's. It was spreading, looking good, etc. But whan I changed to MH it became literally 10x more active with pulsing and other movement, and growth at least doubled.

I initially had my Pulsing Xenia under NO and it lived but thats about the best that can be said. No pulsing, just waving.

As soon as I upgraded to my MH, Pulsing immediately started and its started growing like mad.

Archived