ReefCleaners.org

Lighting for a gonipora

Ledford

I just go a Gonipora coral (green) I Just bought a 2x55pc and a 40w actintic NO is this enogh? 55g tank

(Edited by Ledford at 9:31 am on Mar. 21, 2002)

NanoReefer53
Quote: from NanoReefer53 on 8:40 pm on Mar. 21, 2002[br]9 outta 10 probably survive in aquariums.

Woops...i meant 9 outta 10 don't survive although probably more like Helph said.

(Edited by NanoReefer53 at 4:36 pm on Mar. 23, 2002)

Its been doing vey good so far so I think I am going to keep it unless I fing somthing else that I should trade for so I'll see how long these do live.  Keep ya posted.

Those things are hard to keep, and nobody really knows what they are talking about when it comes to the green flower pot.... I would suggest hitting it with light as you would any hard coral, that is direct and intense, Chris the admin. on this site has also suggested feeding it phytoplanton directly with a turkey baster 3 days a week,(hmmmmmmmm, maybe) plus you need to add kalk... some experts have also suggested that you need to watch for strontium and mobed. levels in your tank since deficiencies in these elements may have a deadly effect....

good luck, not many of us hard core reefers can keep these beauties cause we don't have a clue really what we are doing... but mine is doing great, and I do have some more tricks in my bio degree... but that would take a page full of eqns and a list of other things you'll have to do to truly understand the art of reef'ing....

also quite contrary, they like murky, less than ideal waters, which is why some reefers can't handle em, becuase their water is too clean for these gems....

good luck, you'll need it with these guys... if you don't really have a clue what it is you are doing, I'd say that thing is going to live in your tank ( 20 gals???) tops 6-12 months... I'd bet my reefer on it...

Ledford, I just posted links to a couple articles on this coral in the general reef care board, under the thread Newbie News: flowerpot corals, or something like that .

Good luck with it, though they don't generally degenerate slowly, but rather give out one day a few months down the line...

Thanks Kapelakin that was a lot of info -:confused:- almost too much but they both had a lot of suggestions and a lot of good info.

• 2 months later...

Still got the goni and it is doing good I'll post some pics on the members board tommorrow.  How many months is that now, 4?  We will see how long it goes but no depreciation at all so far just growth.

Archived