Top Shelf Aquatics

Zombo's NanoWave9

Zombo

Well, after months of reading, researching, more reading, and finally having money, I went for a NanoWave 9 from here -- only $89 with FREE shipping, and it just arrived moments ago!

I also have ordered and am awaiting delivery of the Timer Fix Kit and NanoWave 9 Fan Upgrade Kit, both from Nanotuners. After installing those, and doing the surface skimmer mod from this thread, I am going to order "The Package" from Tampa Bay Saltwater.

My plans are to get the LR/LS put in place, cycle (in the sense that Richard discusses on the TBSW site), and then after I get "part 2", I'll be feeding phyto/rotifers daily and weekly feeds of larger foods for the inhabitants. I have a feeling I'll be ordering another NW9 for work, to keep the so-called "bad" inhabitants from my home reef in :)

I'm not a huge photo taker, as there's plenty of what the NW9 looks like, so I'm going to hold off until I've got things up and running with my order from TBSW. Thanks for visiting!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Kidding! Incidentally, Zombo and I recently discovered that we work at the same place. I was setting up my Pico at the office, he popped in, expressing an interested in Saltwater tanks, and saw that I had a nano-reef.com tab open in my web browser.

It's a small world! I can't wait to see your tank man.

Crap. The front lid hinge pin was broken and the flange bent -- not shipping damage, as the NW9 was still in its plastic wrap. Called Aquarium Wholesale Direct and they're shipping me out a new top. Good news: new top, practice piece for the mods. Bad news: another 3-5 day wait before I can do anything meaningful besides be jealous of bonsai's picotope :P

Archived