Pod Your Reef

New Redsea Max

Huski-Oz

HankB:I can test for most of everything you could think of, the Marine shop is 2 minutes away, and test for free. I have my own test kit but, it doesn't cover everything. Once the RedSea one is used i'll get a decent one.

StevieT: Yea, i read this in your topic, this is what i have been doing with Baby Brine, i have been using for feeding, Pumps off, NanoStream ON.

noobofreefs: almost, he hasn't got and claws, well any visible ones, unless they are tucked under, same body shape, just minus the claws.

dresser: Yes, people have been able to succesfully, keep Acropora Corals, even Clams, my LFS has one on the sandbed and it does fine.

Update!

I purchased a Jardini (I think it's marketed as "Elegance" in US), and a Zoa Colony.

pics to come!

Thanks for your help.

To keep those corals are you guys using the lights that came with the RSM or are the upgrades?

stock lighting !!! :D

Huski- good to hear about the feeding.

All my levels are still tip top, my Carbonate hardness is down so I am working on getting that up now.

I did a 30% change yesterday, using Collected Sea Water.

I added some more life to the aquarium today as well:

- Coral Banded Shrimp

- Coral Goby

- Northern Territory Clown Pair

Corals added:

- Jardini

- Zoa

- Anchora

This week i wish to add a Goniapora, a few more zoas. I want Ric's but we only get brown ones. Maybe a plate and a monti, i am going to frag the acro, its to much, maybe.

I am having trouble deciding on the final fish: i like a few including, Flame Angel, Flame Hawkfish, Coral BEauty, Rusty Angel, Foxface (I know, he'll have a grow out home), and the Pygmy Bi-colour Angel.

So many had decisions haha...

Or maybe i'll just get 5 tangs and a shark and be done with the hard (appropriate) choices :lol:

On a happy note, i added 4 small Hermits and my algae is being mowed, its great!

PICS!!!!

Last one for now, am setting up a imagehost at the moment getting all pics of other tanks i have up as well

anyway more pics as i update,

btw they got jealous!

post-36999-1214131811_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214131903_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214132020_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214132090_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214132230_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214132301_thumb.jpg

Your tank's looking good.

As for your next fish addition, I wouldnt do the flamehawk because he might have a go at you coral banded shrimp and hermits, out of your list my pick would be flame angel or bicolour. But, have you thought about a flasher or fairy wrasse they are some cool reef safe fish.

Good luck,

Daniel

Hey everyone,

Tank is going well still testing fine...

The Algae problem is almost over, just 1 rock really that the Hermit Crabs are on the case.

Have made a few additions since last post, I have added:

- Coral Beauty

- a few mushrooms,

- and a Lobo

I need help with ID of a few hitchhikers, i thought id post here to keep it all together: Pics below.

As well as a few tank shots....

Thanks everyone

post-36999-1214732330_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732347_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732363_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732399_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732417_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732446_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732518_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732562_thumb.jpg

post-36999-1214732599_thumb.jpg

Love the bi colour plus tank looks great, I am definately getting one once my tank is cycled and established (my rsm arrives sometime this week).

Love the bi colour plus tank looks great, I am definately getting one once my tank is cycled and established (my rsm arrives sometime this week).

simdo,

:welcome: to N-R and the RSM fold. :D

I think the coral beauty is one of the best looking fish but am concerned about them. Cindy kept saying she wanted an angel and I kept warning her about the possible problems. Then I asked her to show me a picture and she pointed out a bangaii cardinal. :rolleyes: She thought it was an angel due to the similarity to the FW angels. ;)

Huski-Oz - FTS!

-hank

• 3 months later...

ok, long time no reply on this tank!

Since my last post, i have ditched the RSM Skimmer, for a tunze.

Added a JBJ 1/25 nano chiller which i am using a 600lph Canister to pump it, all i have in the canister is a bag of chemi-pure elite.

My chambers have only filter floss and sponge in them, i havn't had any levels for as long as i can remember, even if something dies. I do weekly water changes with natural sea water, and am adding calcium, and an ECO-Systems Reef Juice, which i am having great success with, and can measure that what they say is in it, is, at least what i can test for, its easier for me to to this than play with 10 bottles!

I feed the corals Aquasonic (aussie brand) "seafood" directly with a syringe every 3 - 4 days, and feed the fish a mix of Fish Fuel Co. (aussie brand) Dinner (Meaty) and Green (Vege). every 2 days on a rotation.

For fish i have 2 clowns, Coral Beauty, Foxface, Anthias, and a Bi-Colour Blenny, all seem very happy. As well as a Green Mandarin that hand feeds frozen bloodworm, and has lasted in the tank for 6months so far.

I plan on changing the bulbs soon as the tank nears the 10month mark.

Anyway here are a few updated shots!!

dsc01735ql7.th.jpg

dsc01731xc1.th.jpg

dsc01728og6.th.jpg

dsc01733js0.th.jpg

dsc01732ws8.th.jpg

dsc01727hg3.th.jpg

dsc01736ob9.th.jpg

dsc01730mf9.th.jpg

dsc01729ba4.th.jpg

dsc01734ji3.th.jpg

And FTS