SaltCritters.com

hitchhiker anemone

scobri

I just got my first piece of live rock,,getting more in few days...this guy was hiding out on back of first piece....will he survive the tank cycling?....

what can i feed him??hitch2.jpg

Like cam said, it's hard to tell if it's an aptaisa anenome or not. I don't think it is.  It looks like one that came in on some Gulf View rock I got.  It should take any kind of shrimp, fish, etc. if you want to feed it.  Mine died for an unapparent reason after the second time I fed it, so I'd be careful.  The smaller anenomes on my rocks are holding up well through the nitrIte spike my tank is going through right now.

HTH

if its not a glass anenome feed it goast shrimp thats what i feed mine i just buy one or two good sive shrimp then get tweasers and place it buy the mouth and mine take them up

here is a better pic I hope....he moved during the night towards the front of the tank....even if he could be dangerous to future additions....still pretty cool to see him set up shop at a different location on rockhitch3.jpg

That second pic looks like the anenomes on a piece of lr in my 180 gallon.The've been in there since back in november of last year and they both survived its cycle and are alive today. They are living under only 183 watts PC and they are two feet under water. They must not need a lot of light to survive. I've never feed them anything but they may pickup the scrapes the sharks leave behind.

NanoReefer53

Yes, that's an aptaisa. They're okay if you don't have any corals in the tank like JIM27 but if you do, that could mean trouble. Those things spread quickly even under bad conditions. After they spread to your corals, they'll eventually sting em so much that the corals are stressed and die.

ways to kill

inject with a needle full of kalk water or boiling water

don't attempt to scrape it off or else the remaining tissue will just grow back again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey everyone...well i got rid of that large apstasia weeks ago...but started to see few little ones sprouting here and there in tank...so say hello to my little friend

( imagine that in a cuban accent!...SCARFACE....the movie?peppermint1.jpg

Archived