Innovative Marine Aquariums

CoolWorks' IceProbe DO THESE WORK?

Chrash236

Hello again, I am looking at the coolworks IceProbe and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I have a 10g and I am putting a 96-watt light on top and I live in Oklahoma and its hot here. This seems to look like the perfect thing that I need, but you know how looks can be deceiving.

Also if these are all they are cracked up to be does any one know what’s a good way to put it in to an AGA (I don't know if its temper glass)?

I wonder if you could stick it into the HOB penguin filter (I have a 170 on the back on the 10g)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Chris

SeaMountain

Yes they work well. I have a 2x36w over a 10g and it keeps the tank spot on at 78 degrees. Even when the room temp hit 90+ for a few days. Check out www.MarineDepot.com for their MicroChiller. It's an IceProbe mounted within an AC Mini HOB.

I give it a thumbs up!

Hey thanks for the suggestion do you think that the Proportional Thermoelectric Controller is a must? or would my 150 w heater handle anything that it threw at it. Also does anyone else sell this for less $$$ I'm cheap and the more I save the more I can buy ;). Thanks for the link though.

SeaMountain

I picked mine up from a fellow reefer here. The controller would probably be a good thing so the probe and heater aren't constantly battling each other. This one came without a controller. Not a must I wouldn't think. But then again I don't pay high electric rates like some do! :D

Not sure how low the temp would get to if I turned off the heater though. When in doubt... Throw ca$h at it!

I got an iceprob and mounted it on my aqua clear 150 lid cover.

It works great IMO. Im running a 96W of light about 1 1/2 inches above the water surface and the ice prob does the job well.

I'm with SeaMountain, don't want to pay high electric bill for running the air con. The money I saved on the electric bill more than covered the cost of the ice prob

since I am the fellow reefer who sold his to sea, I'll chime in. when I got the microchiller, they didn't make a controller. now I think you have to have the controller. at least that is what is implied in the sites that sell them.

they work great and add extra flow to the tank.

I had a Ice Probe with controller and it did not seem to work for me. I kept track of my tank temp for 2 days and it did not lower the temp one bit. It was on a 10 gallon with 64 watt PC lighting. I think I may have just had a bad unit, because I have only heard good things about the Ice Probe. I returned the unit after 3 days with no temp drop. Any body else have any problem with theres?

I would really like to get another but I am scared I may have the same problem.

Fuentes925

Archived