Coral Vue Hydros

Hello everyone Newbe here w/ question...

RigPie

Hello I am new to saltwater aquariums, I have been doing quite a bit of reading and am about ready to start my tank. I came accross a tank 20x12x12 and wanted to ask for opinions on what type of lights to use as well as filtration and water circulation. I am thinking of using one powerhead at each end of the tank for circulation, as well as a sump, and a protein skimmer, I want to put the heater in the sump. I want to use an external overflow to the sump and I don't know what size pump to use to return water to the tank(suggestions welcomed). what do you think about this system . Thanks ahead for the info and for this great forum.

Jon

How many gallons does 20x12x12 make? I only speak in gallons. I know I could figure it out by myself but I left work an hour ago. So no thinking for me.

As far as lighting goes, I suggest you go for the brightest PC setup you can find. Make sure that the setup you buy has internal cooling fans.

A U.S. gallon is 231 cubic inches.

20 x 12 x 12 = 2880.

2880 / 231 = 12.467532

You can light it like a 10 gal., plus you could probably squeeze an extra 36w PC in there if you wanted to.

Archived