inTank Media Baskets

Need some skimmer input people

sunshine&bigfoot

sunshine&bigfoot

Thanks in advance!

Okay, here is the skinny. I have an ap24 and two 10 gallon frag tanks. I want to get a skimmer that will be mainly for my display ap24, but can also work on my 10 gallon tanks as needed. I don't know if I want hob, or something that will fit in the back chamber of the ap24. I don't want to spend bookoo bucks, because I am generally happy with how my tanks are other than some minor surface scum and slight clarity issues once in a while. I want something that is effecient (works well and doesn't take a ton of energy) but I also want something that will not cost a bunch. I just dumped a bunch of money into mh setups and ro/di unit, so the skimmer is the last major piece of equipment I will need for a while. Please let me know what you think.

eklikewhoa

I put a skimmer on my NC12g and it worked out great!

clarity was so much greater and everything looked a lot nicer.....that's with doing 15-20% wc weekly.

I just got an Oceanic Nano skimmer last Sunday and put it in my 2nd chamber and it's running fine. I change the cup every 3-4 days. :D

I put a skimmer on my NC12g and it worked out great!

clarity was so much greater and everything looked a lot nicer.....that's with doing 15-20% wc weekly.

If you want to remove organics without a skimmer then use Purgien and Carbon/Chemi-Pure. Carbon needs to be change out every week or so.

sunshine&bigfoot

I may just not go with a skimmer. I have yet to use one and everything has been okay, maybe I will keep it that way.

Archived