20 lbs lr

2 tomato clowns (not a pair)

Assorted snails and hermits

Serpeant Sea Star

2 Emerald crabs

2 Lettuce Nudis

Coral banded shrimp

Peppermint shrimp

I am preparing to get some corals as soon as the bubble algae and hair algae are gone. I just received more hermits and the emerald crabs, nudis and shrimps, so hopefully they get to work soon.

Here's a picture of what I kind of have planned as to corals and placement. Sorry about the picture quality, this is my first time using the digital camera. So I've finally decided on placing the Frogspawn on the right front on a lr and place the Xenias and Leathers on the other side. I have a section in the middle of my tank where I used Holdfast to glue the lr together. So now I need to find a coral that I can place over it since it is right in the middle of my tank! Any ideas as to what would work best at covering most of it and not growing too close to the Frogspawn? The lr with the Zoos closest to the Frogspawn is actually about 4 inches behind and above the Frogspawn on a separate removable piece of lr. I was thinking to have with some Zoos on that rock since that would be the closest coral to the Frogspawn, any suggestions?

Nice set up so far, but I'd move the ricordia up further on the rockwork, since you're only running two 18 watt pcs. As far as the holdfast area goes, if the algae doesn't get to it first, you could try seeing if your LFS has any small loose polyps in their coral holding tanks, seeing if you could buy them for a couple of bucks a piece and then gluing them to the holdfast, so that they'll spread and cover it. Just an idea. GSP would work too. Glad to see that you're taking your time with it and not rushing right out and filling your tank to the brim with corals and fish, like so many other people do. Good work! :)

-Dan

Thanks for the suggestions Dan! I will move the Ricordia to the area above/around the Holdfast. So I'll either try to use the Ricordia to cover the Holdfast or the Zoos. I just got the Emerald crabs but they haven't touched the bubble algae yet!! I'm hoping they get going soon so I can get some corals going. I've been thinking about adding a Colt coral, any thoughts?

Okay, so I just sold my two clownfishs, serpent star, peppermint and coral banded shrimps to my lfs. I had to rip apart the lr just to get them out cause they kept hiding!!! So anyway, I went ahead and got a pair of harlequin shrimps cause they're so adorable! I also got a feeder linkia for them and am prepared to purchase starfishs every month for these guys =) I also got a frogspawn!! I couldn't resist!! So far it hasn't extended fully, but it's only been in the tank for less than an hour, so we'll see what happens. Okay, so I really don't like using the Holdfast, is there anything better for gluing lr and corals? I was looking to get some of the garf glue when I get some corals with them. Anyone have experience with garf? I've emailed them, but have not heard back from them yet. I hope all goes well for the frogspawn and harlequins, any tips on keeping them happy?

Also, I'm really interested in hearing others experiences with harlequins, please share! :D

Okay, so I am going to pick up an order from seacrop.com today. i ordered the nano pack 2 and a long polyp leather and a white pumping xenia. they have an awesome deal on cpr frags. 12 for 75 bucks. Anyway, I'll try to post some pics of the corals!

Archived