inTank Media Baskets

The blackbox...

Filipe

Hello all,

I wanna ask if anyone knows if those "blackboxes"(i dont know the technical name) that all-in-one reef tanks have in the back (like finnex,cadlights,jbj,etc) can be bought?

Im asking this because, in the country i live there is only one all-in-one tank (redseamax) and its way overpriced! The cheaper i got was 1899 dollars (aquarium+stand).

Thank you

Filipe

I have made many false wall and baffle systems for people on this site. They just silicone it into the back of the tank. Insta all in one. PM me if your interested.

Thankx thecowkid, i will have to talk to the customs first to see if they will charge some kind of extra fee or not or if there is a chance of the package being retained.If they give me green light i will contact u to explain my ideas.

x3-3.0i, well, the aquarium itself can be bought in a "glass shop" fairly cheap for about 80 dollars a 24 gallon.

The problem is the equipment, a tunze 9002 will go for 370-400 dollars ,heater about 30 dollars,T5 lighting usually go for 375 dollars-750 dollars it depends on how many bulbs, hydor koralia nano 75 dollars. As for live rock, marine sand and others things they are way overpriced compared to USA prices.

So to setup a costum nano 24-28 gallons im counting on not less than 1200 dollars, plus the rocks,sands,corals and other things, which will be bought slowly to other reef marine owners in my country.

Keep in mind that one month salary on average here is 1050 dollars, so its one month salary at the very least to set it up.

When i look at the prices u have over there.... :o

wow_it_esploded

Wow, in america the prices are amazingly smaller than that! For 80 dollars you can get a 40 gallon breeder tank, not a 25 gallon tank!

Wow!

John Kliewer

Archived