inTank Media Baskets

Very weird worm

NanoBound

OK here it goes. I received some more live tonga rock today. With it came this really weird worm that I cannot seem to get identified no were. I cannot take a pic of it...to small...cheap camera.

It is all white with what appears to be some type of pustuals attached to it all over its body, almost like the attachments that nudibranches have on there bodies. It stays hanging out of one of the pieces of rock. I poked at it a few times and it would shrink up in size like a worm does, then it really streatches out at if to try and grab what I am poking it with. It is sticking about 1/2" out of the rock and stretches to about 1", never retrieving completely back into the rock. What in the world is this?? Do I need to pull it from the tank??

you poked the worm and it fought back?

that's a brave worm.

some real small bristle worms are whitish in color but they wouldn't fight the stick that pokes them, they'd merely retract into their hole and cower in the dark.

try this. rub some flake or other food on the end of the stick (the poking stick). don't poke the animal with the stick, merely let it sit in front of the hole. let the animal get a whiff of the food and then, when it comes out, slowly move the stick away from the hole. this should draw the animal out further and give you a better look at what it is.

this works well for mantis shrimp and might work here.

Archived