SaltCritters.com

Did I glue my mushroom to death?

Rock'n'Roll-Girl

Rock'n'Roll-Girl

my dilemma. i had a shroom that was rolling around the sandbed so i decided to glue it to a rock. i used the proper super glue and placed a drop on the sand that the shroom had attached itself to. but when i pressed the shroom against the rock, it kind of burst, slime went everywhere and the glue spread against the tissue of the shroom. the shroom also went from the size of a quarter to smaller than a dime. i can see glue seeping from under the edges. will my shroom recover? i read how some people frag them in a blender but could this be worse? should i do anything? it is still brightly colored.

thanks in advance for any experiences you all can share.

Shrooms can't be glued because they are so slimy. The proper way to attach them to some subrtrate or LR rubble is to either place them into a small container with the rubble with netting over the top for a few days or to place them on the sand bed with a cup over them to keep them in place. (cup needs holes to allow water flow). Once they have attached thmesleves then they then can be glued to the rock. Or you can net them directly to the rock you want them to attach to.

Not sure about the recovery part, as I've never tried to glue a loose shroom.

give it time: remarkably resilient little buggers. They spead like wild fire in my 65, and I am constantly nuking them of cutting them back to keep em under control.

Rock'n'Roll-Girl

thanks all!! sadly my shroom fell off the rock and i am leaving it on the sandbed. it is very tiny now. still some color. i hope it survives.

Archived