ReefCleaners.org

Help!!!!!

eddie29

Hey,

I had a cabinet shop build me a custon stand to fit my 16 gallon bowed. I went to pick it up today after waiting 2 weeks on it. I get there and they managed to screw up the dimensions on it. I can take it how it is for 265 or have them redue it for the original price of 320. I can fit a 5 gallon tank underneath for a ref, but is it worth it? I made a 10 gallon sump for it and I already for the peices of aryllic cut for it and glue, it was just waiting for the stand. So i guess my question is, is a 5 gallon sump/ref good enough for a 16 gallon bowed?

Thanks

Eddie

ELGORDOINAVW

the bigger the better. but a five is better than say nothing. good luck and i hope you learned you lesson never go to a blind carpenter.

Its a matter of satisfaction. Have them rebuild the stand to what you origionally wanted... after all "get the best thing you can pay for, that way you cant be dissapointed with your purchase". Besides...a 5 gallon is a long way of being anything more then a pump housing for a 16 gallon IMO. Or...you could build a custom sump to fit the cramped dimensions. Like a 10gallon xtra-high, no??

Well after some arguing with the cabinet shop I just took what they gave me. I gave them 200 dollars to take the stand home to see how it worked, so I kept it and didn't finish paying hte oither 80 dollars. I would have payed the rest, but they ####ed me off when they said it was my fault. I told them on the sheet i gave them with the specs that I clearly mentioned to the guy that I wanted 21" wide. He said that I didn't write it down, and because i just said it to him they can't be responsible for that. So i got ####ed and I kept the cabinet for 200. What I did then was put it in the corner and then put hte 10 gallon behind it. Doesn't look bad at all. U can see pics of it under 16 gallon bowed in teh beginner discussion. Also, this makes all the plumbing easier.

Later

Eddie

Archived