Innovative Marine Aquariums

Captains 10 gallons of Glory! (updated pics 3/25/09)

Captain

thanks bz. The tank has changed a bunch since I took those pics, but my camera broke here recently so I can't take updated shots...which sucks.

Finally time for an update.

My camera is broke, so I used my sis's camera...which is probably the crappiest digital point and shoot I've ever used. It didn't have any controls for anything. No ISO, white balance, no anything....

ANYWAY, since my last update shots I've added a SH** load of stuff. This includes Rhodactis Calgreni, "Incredible Hulk" toadstool that has yet to color up all the way, tons of zoo's (Tubbs, PD, French silk, F&I, AOG, etc)....and more....So, here are the shots:

AOG's, single unID polyp, Tubbs, PD:

dsc04025c.jpg

Green Stardust PE:

dsc04023f.jpg

Ric garden:

dsc04032.jpg

Start of Zoa garden:

dsc04018.jpg

Bottom Left:

dsc04026.jpg

Bottom Right:

dsc04027.jpg

Top:

dsc04028.jpg

FTS:

dsc04030.jpg

Wish I could've got some better pics, but oh well...

Thank you. They're growing in nicely. There's two more there, but they've migrated into the cave for some odd reason. :)

wow....what an A$$. Apparently in a forum with tens of thousands of members, there can't be more than one that goes by captain. haha

I like your rockwork. =)

• 3 weeks later...

HYDROIDS SUCK! I covered them with hot glue...they just found ways to poke their heads around. If there was nuclear holocaust, it would be cockroaches AND hydroids left to run the planet.

• 1 month later...
dwhite_2006

I finally remembered the password for my older account. I didn't post for a few months and forgot it so I signed up as captain. ANYWAY, this is me....I'll be posting on here under this name from now on. =)

• 1 year later...

So, not that it matters much, but as closure for myself and this thread, since its a tank log essentially, this tank is gone. Had a power outage last spring and the tank never recovered and slowly wasted away. All thats left is algae, limpets, and my scarlet hermet who I've had for going on five years. Couldn't bare to tear the tank down and let the little guy die, even if it is ugly as sh-t.

I'm considering starting a 1 gallon acrylic cube that's been laying around forever. The only issue there is that I'm a graduate student and I'm not sure if I want to fool around with any more responsibility....even a very small one. =)

To anyone who reads this, thanks for stopping by.

-Daniel

Archived