inTank Media Baskets

Dosing Elements

GioReef

How many of you guys dose anything for your tanks that are lower than 15 gallons? I would like to know because i dont dose anything and everything is fine. But i got a hammer and want to get another lps... do you think i will have to dose calcium? I do 2 gallon wc in my BC14 and use oceanic cause it has high cal. But i dont test for calcium. My ph and alkalinity have been good at around ph-8.2, alk-7-8.5.

The tank is doing great but what will happen if i were to add a candy cane or a plate,or other lps? Cause i really would not like to dose because i am always going out of town and i dont want to screw up...since i am still new i am learning.

Thanks

masterbuilder

I like your thinking..... lots of people will disagree with me and I am cool with that...but dosing is NOT required with sufficient water changes in 90% of nanos. In most cases, dosing is like overfeeding your fish...more harm than good.

Ya i was thinking that it is doing great and so adding stuff will screw it up. "Don't fix somethin if it ain't broke". But if i would have to dose with adding 1 more lps i am not going to add it...to much of a hassle.

Oh... i do the 2 gallon wc every week. So that isn't a prob.

Buy you some test kits...

CA...Alk...PH. (Mg is important also...but less in a small bioload)

Check these parameters in am before lights come on...and at end

of light cycle before lights go off.

I think you will feed a need for a Simple 2 part dosing.

LPS will suck the Ca out of water...thus your gonna have seesaw

parameters that will effect all the above test.

NEVER dose what you dont test!!!

Some ppl get away with 2 part everyother day...just gonna depend

on your Bioload.

Izzue

Buy you some test kits...

CA...Alk...PH. (Mg is important also...but less in a small bioload)

Check these parameters in am before lights come on...and at end

of light cycle before lights go off.

I think you will feed a need for a Simple 2 part dosing.

LPS will suck the Ca out of water...thus your gonna have seesaw

parameters that will effect all the above test.

NEVER dose what you dont test!!!

Some ppl get away with 2 part everyother day...just gonna depend

on your Bioload.

Izzue

+1 what Izzue said. I think a lot depends on what you are keeping in your tank. Also what brand of salt mix you are using. I use Tropic Marin Reef salt and it's low on the Calcium. I also keep SPS, LPS and a clam, they all use up Calcium. I dose every day and the corals look great and showing good growth.

Archived