Pod Your Reef

Xenia not lookin so good.... :( !

Nishant3789

Nishant3789

well i think my xenias dead, after two weeks of stress because i let my water salitinity get up to 1.040 from a sloppy water chang e and afaulty hydrometer, and now its down to 1.028 and everything in the tanks pretty shaken up... anyways my xenia is really really small and has been "slimeing" alot and when i tried to move it to a makshift chostpital tank outa a one gallon jar and a 2X9 watt PC with fresh saltwater a peice of it broke off! I really think its dead already though.... :( im so sad because this was my fav coral! now i have to get another one.... o well i guess i have to blame myself for it and learn from my mistakes.... :cry: :crying: :wzbigcry: !!!!!!!!!!

nishant

Nishant3789

and thats not the only thing, the sp arent lookin that great either but i dont think theyll die any time soon... I guesss i just have to wait it out.... and buy a more reliable hydromtere!, what do you guys reccomend?

nishant

i use the aquarium systems hydrometer.  just make sure to keep it cleaned, and to thump off all the bubbles on the needle.  it can make it read wrong if you don't..

Nishant3789

yea hubu, i did but the water got wayy too warm from the heat and taht killed it off totally i think..

nishant

Archived